Low4x4`s build - Updated often!

1LOW4X4

Waxed and buffed the truck today, and put the toolbox in it. :( starting a job 7 days a week tomorrow, and the red truck has a coolant leak and carb issues. Need to get them lined out first.

fe68df45.jpg

e2d8b5cc.jpg

nubuilder

Why buy new when you can restore?
Reaction score
So what's the job that you need a toolbox for?

BTW, it does look pretty good in there. It blends into the bed liner nicely and is below the bed rails. :thumbs:

1LOW4X4

So what's the job that you need a toolbox for?

BTW, it does look pretty good in there. It blends into the bed liner nicely and is below the bed rails. :thumbs:
Got a guy who I do side work for, He's basically re-doing his whole house so room by room we are fixing it up. The guy came into a couple mil about a year ago and so money is no issue, he's been poor his whole life so He's living it up. At 70 years old he might as well. So he pays cash daily, and so I'm there :cheers:

1LOW4X4

Swapped the oil over today from Mobil 1 to Amsoil. Happy with it, but while I was under the truck, I noticed that the whole front suspension is CAKED with gear oil from the front diff, those dang axle seals are really fucking me. I got to wondering, how much oil is even left in that diff? Been a while since I checked. Well I pulled the plug and immediately a large amount of thick grey substance game out with a plop, and then some gear oil....not very much at all lol. The magnet on the plug was pretty bad. Guess I let it go too long without filling it back up. Oh well!

Cleaned the magnet, stuck it back in, and filled the diff up with the correct oil. I really really need to get those 4.56's for the front and back, that way I can change out the axle seals again while I'm there and clean it all up under there, but with this new house we may be buying, we are penny pinching....

When I drained the engine oil, the plug magnet on it also had some build up, but nothing like the pic below. The mobil 1 was black as tar, I lost track of how long I let it run but I'm sure no more than 5-6K....but I'm wondering about that dirty magnet, I dont think Ive ever had that before on this engine.

Also changed the Suburban from mobil 1 to amsoil tonight, as well as the 85 silverado. While I was under the suburban I noticed a leak of some sort, turns out Im 99% sure I have a powersteering leak. :( So that will need to be fixed. I've been wondering what that light oil spot on the pavement has been for the last few weeks.

dc4e4c01.jpg

front diff plug magnet
626f790e.jpg

DarrenWS6

The original Ford guy around here
Reaction score
Random pics always good. Mirrors look great! As for the recent oil messes, thats never fun. But i'm sure you will get everything fixed up well.

Rarely see a truck like that with a box in the bed. A mighty fine lookin' work truck!

nubuilder

Why buy new when you can restore?
Reaction score
Wow, that's a nasty plug! :eek:

Do you have the gears on order yet? If not, you might have to replace the seals now rather than later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhoor-bhuvas-svas
Back