Low4x4`s build - Updated often!

R

Riggs

maybe when i do the rear diff i will try and find a magnetic rear diff plug so next time i can just suck the old stuff out with a pump and put the new stuff in

1LOW4X4

Yeah I use a gasket with a little rtv....

Why not amsoil? Royal purple is effin expensive, and a few guys here have independent tests showing amsoils quality!

R

Riggs

Why not amsoil? Royal purple is effin expensive, and a few guys here have independent tests showing amsoils quality!

i get it through a distributor where i work for cost, which is a lot less than me buying amsoil

Last edited by a moderator:

1LOW4X4

i get it through a distributor where i work for cost, which is a lot less than me buying amsoil

4 bucks a quart for amsoil with the preferred customer number....you can get RP for less?

R

Riggs

its $5 a quart of 5w-30 Royal Purple, and i dont pay shipping or tax

and i get it next day

1LOW4X4

Either way, if you use synthetic oil in your diffs, you'll never need to change it again. I spent a year at Mobil Refinery here in town, and hung out with the operators there....Mobil 1 synthetic diff oil doesnt break down. At least not in the life of your vehicle. I'd expect nothing less from any other high quality synthetic gear oil

ANd make sure you dont have the t-case that only takes GM fluid

dietz4ibanez

Slowly going the way of the Buffalo
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way, if you use synthetic oil in your diffs, you'll never need to change it again. I spent a year at Mobil Refinery here in town, and hung out with the operators there....Mobil 1 synthetic diff oil doesnt break down. At least not in the life of your vehicle. I'd expect nothing less from any other high quality synthetic gear oil

Is your drain plug at the bottom of the differential cover?

Reason why I ask is because I suspect your differential cover is aftermarket...

My 99 when it had the 10 bolt did not have a drain plug. Neither does the 14 bolt that I put in it...

R

Riggs

i just checked it and its actually $6.62 a quart for 5w30 is what i pay, but its more convenient for me because it comes right to my work where the shop is heated to 60 degrees and i have a lift, and rags and place to put the old oil...

but both are great, i used to run amsoil in my 4 wheeler and it is great stuff

1LOW4X4

Is your drain plug at the bottom of the differential cover?

Reason why I ask is because I suspect your differential cover is aftermarket...

My 99 when it had the 10 bolt did not have a drain plug. Neither does the 14 bolt that I put in it...

Just for you Brian....and yeah I have a leaky cover too lol. No gasket in there right now
cb86b951.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesse S
Back