1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.7 TBI-Vortec build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by ducky1228, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ducky1228

ducky1228 quack quack

[​IMG]

2. ducky1228

ducky1228 quack quack

Ok everyone there is the new intake enjoy

3. ducky1228

ducky1228 quack quack

Yes we used to be the same way but now its when every we can find time and no i am not happy about it

4. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 There's a world going on outside the world that I'

Nice build you have going. I miss my 5.7.

5. hotrodpc

hotrodpc No, we're not the TF misfits, we WERE the TF ITs !

Oh and just a warning Duck, I know its worth the drive to bring you heads over here to Burt, but he has so much work, it might take him a week. Maybe not though. Its only him and another lady in the shop, and she works too, but I think she may be his wife. I am almost positive of it. She does alot of the work, mostly preping, like strip downs for hot tanking, assembling machines heads, installing cam bearing, but she does good work too. I have hung out there a couple hours before.

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Duckey again I ask or somebody help me with what I wrote above? Also are you going to use 1.6 rockers and do you have to do some work so they will work correct with the vortec heads?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. ducky1228

ducky1228 quack quack

i haven't checked yet but it should bolt to your TBI throttle body and for the heads i am not planning on changing anything just getting them clean i am using the whole vortec long block so the heads are from the same engine if you have any other questions pm me

8. gmctrucks

gmctrucks I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

I would have the whole block/heads checked out at a good machine shop better to be safe than sorry.

9. ducky1228

ducky1228 quack quack

i am putting in new main and rod bearings rear seal and checking out the timing chain but i am leaving the cam and pistons in it i don't have the money to get the block completely reworked so if i can get another hundred thousand or so i would be really happy i only drive 5 miles to work so i can't even think of the math right now but that is along time and the next engine is going to be a 383 so i will keep everyone updated on things to come i should be doing the bearings this week
    stay tuned.......

10. Mcdiver

Mcdiver I'm crazy, but it's paid for!!

A few things to remember, the difference between the vortec heads and normal are 2 fold. First, the heads have "Swirls" in them. The swirls are not that effective to be honest, the second difference is the manifold bolt pattern on the heads themselves. The minifold bolts are straight down rather than on an angle as in traditional manifolds.

But, there are a lot of aftermarket heads that can be had cheaply and work much better than the stock vortecs.