New NASCAR race format?

Darkanion

The space intentionally left blank.
Reaction score
I take it we are not picking drivers anymore?

A few random races, when The Cat decides he wants to. But, otherwise, no...

I can't speak for anyone else on this. But, by August / September of each of the last few seasons, I've been wondering "when will it end!?"

With the recent rule changes (along with the others from the prior few years), I decided to just watch without having any sort of vested interest in it to see how well it holds my attention.

On that note... From the beginning of May until the end of October, they have elected to put 20 of 26 races on paid TV channels (FS1 and NBCSN). So, I figure I will probably mostly "tune out" during that time (since I don't have cable/satellite and I'm not going to get it to watch NASCAR). :dunno:

Black02Silverado

Sponsor
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it we are not picking drivers anymore?

A few random races, when The Cat decides he wants to. But, otherwise, no...

I can't speak for anyone else on this. But, by August / September of each of the last few seasons, I've been wondering "when will it end!?"

With the recent rule changes (along with the others from the prior few years), I decided to just watch without having any sort of vested interest in it to see how well it holds my attention.

On that note... From the beginning of May until the end of October, they have elected to put 20 of 26 races on paid TV channels (FS1 and NBCSN). So, I figure I will probably mostly "tune out" during that time (since I don't have cable/satellite and I'm not going to get it to watch NASCAR). :dunno:

Amazing how they are killing the sport. Not about the common man anymore. Just about the $$$$$$$$

davbell22602

Stihl Chainsaw Man
Reaction score
Whats nascar? I remember the winston cup when it was racing. Nascar must be a board or card game based off winston cup racing. Lol.

Dartboy

I actually AM too lazy to Choose a Custom Title
Reaction score
I bet it won't take too many races until somepone who finish top 20 scores more points than the winner of the race did. :facepalm:
Didn't take long at all.

Newman wins Phoenix staying out for the g-w-c on old tires, scored 42 points.

Kyle Larson came in 2nd and scored 53pts :eek: (only led 3 laps)

Kyle Bush dominated the late race, leading 114 laps, finished 3rd, scored 47pts

Chase Elliot led 100+ laps as well, but finished way back in 12th and still tied Newman
:wtf?:

Darkanion

Reaction score
I bet it won't take too many races until somepone who finish top 20 scores more points than the winner of the race did. :facepalm:
Didn't take long at all.

Newman wins Phoenix staying out for the g-w-c on old tires, scored 42 points.

Kyle Larson came in 2nd and scored 53pts :eek: (only led 3 laps)

Kyle Bush dominated the late race, leading 114 laps, finished 3rd, scored 47pts

Chase Elliot led 100+ laps as well, but finished way back in 12th and still tied Newman
:wtf?:

Yeah, this new points system.... :facepalm:

Darkanion

Reaction score
Larson has ZERO stage wins, ZERO race wins, and ZERO playoff points. Yet, he's 6 pts ahead of Brad Keselowsk, who has a race win and 5 playoff points. :wtf?:

Larson is 13 pts ahead of Chase Elliot who has a stage win.

He's thirty frikkin' one points ahead of Martin Truex Jr, who has a race win, 2 stage wins, and 7 playoff points.

It seems this new system is all about rewarding consistency again. Screw winning, just finish towards the front all the time and you can lead the points! :facepalm:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rescue Rover
Back