1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Do To Your Truck Today? v2.0

Discussion in 'OPEN TRUCK DISCUSSION' started by PenguinLTZ, Jan 28, 2012.

1. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

It says that it can go up to 600HP, that is enough for anything I might do in the future.

Cool, thanks man

2. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

That's the only thing that saved me from a catastrophic failure.... I'm 11 days out of warranty.... So my truck is getting a CP3 conversion now.... 33% more fuel than the CP4, and only $1000 more to get done.

3. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

on the subject...FASS or AirDog? I keep seeing that the airdog is quieter...but how loud are these things really?

4. drperry

My FASS isn't too loud to me... I can hear it at idle... But as soon as I'm rolling it disappears. When my truck is running again, I'll get a sound clip.

The general consensus is, whichever you can get the best deal on, lol. They're pretty closely matched.

5. drperry

I'll also get pics of where mine is mounted... FASS instructions have it uber visible because they attach it to a box mount bolt

6. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

awesome, thanks for the info!

7. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

Please do! Karl, keep me posted on what you find to be the cheapest. See if we can save a few sheckles. I might know a place where we can get a deal on the AirDog, if we buy a couple.

8. drperry

That's about all it comes down to, is which you can get for the best price, lol. For me, that was the FASS.

The Airdog might need modification or adapters to run CAT filters, but I can't remember for sure...

Otherwise, both are no cutting fuel lines, no drilling into the tank for installation. But those damned fuel line clamps are a PITA. lol

The only thing you have to cut is the fuel filler neck to put in the fuel return for the lift pump.

Also, I gave the green light for the shop to do a CP3 conversion..... WheeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

Looks like the price on the 95GPH FASS is generally about $600 vs about $730 for the Airdog II-4G. I'm really leaning toward the Airdog right now due to the 4G apparently being super quiet, So i'd be interested to see what you can get for a price on that.

Do any of the vendors out there have sales on this stuff for black friday? :)

10. drperry

I paid $768 Canadian for my FASS 150...

My truck is mechanically CP3 converted! Just need the tuning... She was a beast before... With the CP3, it's guaranteed to be over 500 horse.