Turn Signal Flasher with LED Bulbs

KillaF150

I'm Ron Burgundy?
Reaction score
Be sure to get lots of pics, don't be shy. :D
I'm ordering all my LED bulbs from ebay. i'll probably end up buying the white lightning from Recon, if i can't find one cheaper somewhere else.

nubuilder

Why buy new when you can restore?
Reaction score
I think what happened with my bulbs was that the bulb's bases were too big for the socket thus putting more pressure on them and breaking them. I think the company's eBay name was iPremierTek or else hidlightsusa.com. Like I said before, the flasher I got from AutoZone worked fine. You just couldn't tell when a bulb was burned out/not working.

Pics to come of new lights tonight!

KillaF150

I'm Ron Burgundy?
Reaction score
I think what happened with my bulbs was that the bulb's bases were too big for the socket thus putting more pressure on them and breaking them. I think the company's eBay name was iPremierTek or else hidlightsusa.com. Like I said before, the flasher I got from AutoZone worked fine. You just couldn't tell when a bulb was burned out/not working.

Pics to come of new lights tonight!

I may pick up the flashers too. idk if i'll need them or not, but i may go ahead just in case.

nubuilder

Reaction score
You'll most likely need it. I don't think any LEDs off eBay have resistors built into them (they're all too cheap).

DarrenWS6

The original Ford guy around here
Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the LED project failure. They can be a real pita though. Thats why i'm just keeping my signals and brakes filament.

nubuilder

Reaction score
Alright, finally got the lights installed.

PICS!!!!!

Before

beforez.jpg

Products

products1a.jpg

products2.jpg

After

afterfront.jpg

afterback.jpg

Painted Bowtie - sanded with 400 grit, primed with SEM Adhesion Promotor ($19 for a 14.5oz can) x3 coats, Dupli-Color Emerald Green T406 x4 coats, Dupli-Color clear coat x4 coats; 10 minutes between each coat, 15 minutes between paint and clear; no sanding (I know, don't hate me). 1 small bump right in the middle. I'm happy considering its my first plastic paint job. Can't wait to see it tomorrow when its dry!!

bowtie.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira
Back