HID problems

junior3815

Get 'em, Got 'em, Good
Reaction score

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is still there with the stock headlights, but the lense on the stock headlights diffuses enough of it that you don't really notice it.

dang. I just dont understand why the high beams are halogens and do it too:dunno:

Crappy designed headlight reflector bowls.

wouldnt retrofit look stupid on my truck

Do the Denali headlights look stupid? :dunno:

Take your time and do it right, and it'll look factory :thumbs:

You should be able to even fit a nice bi-xenon projector in your low beams... Then you'll have 4 highbeams :D

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Reaction score
Projectors, D2S bulbs, and AMP to D2S adaptors for your ballasts...

www.hidplanet.com has a great forum to read up on it, and there's people that will retrofit for you.

If you're on a budget though, I'd hold off on it... Doing things right can cost a little bit...
Doing it yourself saves you a big chunk of change, it all depends on what prices you can find things at.

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Reaction score
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...k-D2S-9006-Wiring-Harness....&highlight=tahoe

This has a guy selling some basic projector housings already trimmed and awating some FX-R projectors (those are bixenon) for $50.

That leaves you finding the FX-R projectors, which are generally between $100 - $150 depending on condition and avaliablility. Some D2S bulbs, which go anywhere from $20 - $100/pair

You can probably order some low end ebay D2S bulbes with the AMP connectors for your ballasts, and skip the adapter...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
titandieselsports
Back