Boat/trailer people...have you ever experienced anything so extremely strange?

Stumpuller6.5

Shits gonna get Abrasive...
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue I am having is when I connect the brake/turn wire to the wiring on the trailer, all of the black dot lights turn off (when I have the running lights on). As soon as I disconnect the brake/turn wire, the black dots come back on and function like normal.

Your brake turn wire is shorted to the park lamps, two powers cancel each other out causing the lights to turn off, the fun part is you have to find out were its doing that. :D2

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue I am having is when I connect the brake/turn wire to the wiring on the trailer, all of the black dot lights turn off (when I have the running lights on). As soon as I disconnect the brake/turn wire, the black dots come back on and function like normal.

Your brake turn wire is shorted to the park lamps, two powers cancel each other out causing the lights to turn off, the fun part is you have to find out were its doing that. :D2

Which is always the fun part :lol:

bubbatrucklover

Heavy Metal Red Neck
Reaction score
I think you are low on Amsoil Blinker Fluid.

Re-Fill and Re-Test. You should be good to go! :jester:

:lol:

Which is always the fun part :lol:

Yeah chasing a short is a PITA sometimes.:( I can understand your frustration. After all you tried a new light, a DIFFERENT vehicle AND a 9 volt. :fume:

Last edited:

mr7confused

vv I remember my first beer
Reaction score
So if its wired normally, the green should be crossing with the white causing the short to power and light cutting out only on drivers side. Is it wired pretty funky right now? takes me like, half an hour if even, to wire a trailer with two tails and four markers...I'd just rewire.

But seeing as how the thread is four months old, what eventually did you do? I like to wrap up these threads sometimes, Makes me a better troubleshooter

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira
Back