1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Do To Your Truck Today? v2.0

Discussion in 'OPEN TRUCK DISCUSSION' started by PenguinLTZ, Jan 28, 2012.

1. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

Well if you used some GOOD Iridium plugs then you will not have to do it again for another 100k miles. :thumbs:
    Plugs are not exactly considered a maintenance item like they used to be. That's why car manufacturers don't care about making them easy to get to. If they will only need to be replaced once or twice during the life of the car, then there's no point in making them easily accessible. (That's THEIR thinking anyways..)

2. Kennyray

Kennyray No Whiners, Violaters will be bitched slapped.

I used the laser Iridium plugs that the manual called for. I told my wife she would have a new car befor those wore out...:crackup:

Darkanion and ScottyBoy like this.
  3. ScottyBoy

Small update:. Well I have not been on here in quite a while, so those who are not friends with me on social media might not know that my truck was recently involved in an accident. It was just a few months ago, and I still have not had it fully repaired.
    I replaced the busted transmission cooler and AC condenser so it's at least mechanically sound and able to drive again. But the body work has yet to be completed..... IMG_20180910_091859052.jpg IMG_20180910_091907328.jpg

4. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Ouch, Scott! :(

5. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

:( I hope nobody was hurt. That couldn't have been good for your back. :dunno:

6. ScottyBoy

No Jeff, I was alone on my truck and the lady I hit was alone. She said she wasn't hurt and it honestly felt like I barely bumped her. My back was definitely hurting worse, but that was about the extent of my injury. I ended up having to get the transmission fixed a few weeks after the wreck. I thought it went out as it had a HORRIBLE metal on metal grinding sound. But the shop who rebuilt it in 2012 said they would work with me since I was not only a previous customer, but they they felt they should help me since even though it was out warranty, they still felt it should have lasted a lot longer than 45k miles. Turned out to be the pilot bearing, which he said very well could have been damaged from the accident. Regardless, he only charged me $200 to fix it, even though he had to pull the transmission and completely disassemble it. You pretty much have to rebuild it to replace that, but he said all the clutch bands were in excellent condition, and everything else looked good. So I don't hesitate to brag about that shop and send people his way.
    Even without the transmission damage, the accident damage along would have easily totaled my truck, that's why I am glad I know how to do a lot of repairs myself. I had to replace the transmission fluid cooler since it was busted. (You can see red transmission fluid all over the ground in the first picture). I upgraded to a heavy duty Hayden cooler that was well over twice the size of my factory cooler. I had to Fab up some brackets out of aluminum straps to get it mounted up to where I felt like it was sturdy enough. And a new AC condenser, then I had to get the AC recharged again. Ordered a new bumper, but a paint grade bumper instead of chrome as I have wanted a painted bumper for a while now. And I have a 2500HD bumper cap, grill and hood that I have to get painted so I can install them. But I can't afford to get anything painted right now, so I'm at a standstill. I ordered a few cans of touch up paint when I got my transmission cooler, I will try and see if it looks halfway decent with rattle can touch up paint. I'm actually lucky the airbags did not deploy. That would have been a FAR worse repair, plus it would have probably injured me even worse. I'm 41 years old and this is my first at fault accident, and only my second accident overall. It was pouring rain and heavy traffic on the interstate that morning and the lady in the Honda in front of me instantly LOCKED up her brakes, and I just simply could not stop this 19 year old big ass Suburban fast enough on a wet road. A 2018 Honda obviously can stop MUCH quicker than I can. At least the woman admitted to the cop that she did stop really fast, and neither of us got a ticket or citation. But my insurance still went up. :(

IMG_20180910_180442543.jpg IMG_20180920_171841053.jpg IMG_20180923_144503693.jpg IMG_20180919_202311275.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    OldCracker29 likes this.
  7. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Probably the cleanest they'll ever be. :crackup:

2019-06-06 16.54.34crlg.jpg

OldCracker29 likes this.
  8. Old77

Old77 I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Last door refresh complete on this thing. Now we can move on to other things with this build

58171339935__6CC8098E-F9AB-42E9-9DA8-91CDEF749A10.JPG IMG_2526.jpg IMG_2528.jpg

OldCracker29 likes this.