1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Diesel Ramblings-Post Them Here!

Discussion in 'Diesel Trucks!' started by PenguinLTZ, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Not sure if it would be the same for your trucks but I have a Scan Gauge II and it lets me know when I'm in regen. Matter of fact, I can watch my soot grams. It starts at 3 and when it gets up to 21 grams it goes into regen. It is a cool little tool to have. I was on my way home and it went into regen and was down to 9grams and when I got into the driveway. I sat there in park with the rpms at 2k until it went down to 3 and stopped. Needless to say I sat outside the garage but the door was open and when I backed into the garage and got out I could smell it inside the garage.

1 RGN is in regen, 2 RGN is complete and 0 RGN is not in regen. 19 STM is 19 grams of soot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. 66nova

66nova Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

Reading through this I was wondering if any of you had thought about just deleting it. I have been chatting with Justin about diesels. We both have looking at the 910lbft of the 17s and have one on our want list.

He said he would delete it in the first week.

3. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

No question about it... As soon as possible, delete it, lol. The L5P will match my tuned torque, while it's stock, lol.

On any diesel... Delete if possible. It'll last longer, and have far less issues.

4. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

I will start looking into it. I want the simplest, cleanest and most complete solution there is with the possibility of going back stock if I want to

5. 66nova

66nova Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

I'm definitely going to follow this thread. I'm have quite a bit of diesel experience, but all pre 2007. I have never dealt with def.

I assume the main reason not to remove is warranty?

6. PenguinLTZ

That was my reasoning. That, and honestly, the power is adequate, and I have not had a single issue with the emissions. My complaints are only annoyances

7. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

The warranty and the cost of repairs to this drivetrain is my biggest concern about deleting. But then....if all the warranty work is *because* of the emissions stuff...that's annoying as hell. :)

8. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

Our trucks can be read with a tool as well. The DPF is obviously larger, as folks say the regen is at about 44g. There is also a pressure delta reading across the dpf that will indicate regen. If I can figure out a clean way to install it that makes me happy, I'll be looking at watching those, along with about 10 other things on an Edge Insight CTS2.

9. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

Oh...also update on my truck: They called to say it was "fixed" but they don't know why it happened. I assume this means they just gave up and reset the computers. They said they had one other truck come in with the same issue. It hasn't come back since they "fixed it" but they asked if they could keep my truck for a day or two longer so that the GM regional rep could look at it and pull any data he wanted off it while he was in. This was a couple days ago, so I assume I'll get a call to pick up the truck today.

10. PenguinLTZ

The 17s have 910 lb/ft? I wonder what they did to the Allison to make it survive?
    I would not be opposed to a bit of a tune, if you could put a nanny in to protect the Allison on full throttle downshifts, etc.