Got a few days at home and had time to do a little.
Driveline has been on my mind for many months. The truck originally had the center support bearing that mounted parallel to the driveshaft. I never liked that and wanted to go with the version that mounted perpendicular to the shaft. Found a Spicer unit that fit the ticket. Front section of the driveshaft has to be cut down 4” and the center support hearing had to be raised 3 1/2” to get the correct geometry in the shafts. I split a couple of pieces of 2x2 square tube, welded together to get my 3 1/2” height. Then boxed the ends and drilled the mounting holes.
The original rear driveshaft section had no slip joint. From full lift to laid out I had 1 3/4” travel in the driveline and knew I needed a slip joint. Took my measurements and googled for a while, found a shaft from Summit for less than $200.
Boom! Driveline officially mocked up, just need to carry the front section for balancing.
I ordered a bunch of Stainless 304 exhaust tubing and bends. Began mocking up the exhaust. I still need to order hangers but I used some nuts for spacers while I tacked and fit things in place. I’ll finish the welding when i get the hangers and spare time. But for now it’s mocked up with 12” bullet mufflers! Hahaha gonna be noisy.
Ordered some battery mounts and fastened them to the frame rails under the front part of the bed. Close to the compressor and air tanks. Which I got installed and compressors plumbed to the tanks. I still need air management but that’s a $1500 pill that I’m not ready to swallow!