1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruh Rohhhhh...

Discussion in 'TMC TECHNICAL' started by 1BADSS396, Apr 21, 2015.

1. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

I once built a B series Cummins for a Bristol Bay fishing boat that I dyno'd around 400 HP, and with the lights out in the dyno room the turbo housing was "transparent" enough when glowing red, that you could make out the exhaust turbine spinning inside when you back off the throttle. It was the coolest thing :jester:

Even that hot rod engine would only black smoke when you would hit it with load, and only for a split second.

It was part of our tuning process to watch for smoke. Some engines would smoke more than others, when picking up a heavy load, but it certainly was not ever desirable.

Engine life is really calculated by gallons of fuel burned; not mileage, or hours. Those high horsepower diesels I have built, or sold to customers easily had half the lifespan of a lower horsepower engine from the factory. Coal rolling pick-up truck engines are no different. You should see what the top of a piston looks like on an over-fueled diesel engine. It is not pretty, but hey, he got to smoke out everybody at the intersection. :fume:

2. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Well, it can be tuned on the mechanical ones... But at least on a 12 valve 5.9 people are too lazy to grind the fuel plate properly.

That little puff is all there should ever be, when not in a show environment.

We all know it's bad for everything when a truck is vomiting black everywhere, and makes for a very shiny engine after it washes the cylinders out... I know a guy who used to roll coal... Stick shift 5.9 common rail... He'd start in 3rd or 4th at a stop light... Right up until he pooched his engine... He was running a smoke tune to begin with and then did that shit. I laughed when he told me his engine was done! :D2

Coal rolling should only ever be a show piece for tracks/dynos if someone wants to do it, never on the streets.

3. Zembonez

Zembonez I hate black wheels...

I'm not so old or out of touch that I don't "get" why people roll coal... I know some people get off to it. I just hate the douchebags that do it at every intersection thinking it somehow makes people think they are a badass...

A little class solves most problems.

4. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Fixed that for you. :jester: :lol:

5. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

I gave someone a love tap with my old S10 because of that... No witnesses because nobody could see shit :D2

6. Shaggy

Shaggy You like in the what?? Staff Member

True, the banks do, but the makers don't own them anymore. :rolleyes:

7. Cornelius

Cornelius I'm NEW... What now?

You should always have a vehicle that doesn't require any electronic devices other than a battery. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    samsung galaxy j5 case

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016