1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bro has skillz.

Discussion in 'GM Pics' started by dietz4ibanez, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daddy

daddy Administrator

Did he change whites?

2. CJ Hungus

CJ Hungus Moderator

Looking back at the pics it does look different, but lets hope itss just an inside shot compared to an outside. Cause if he went from the pearl white to regular arctic white..... :wtf:

3. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

i assumed he was going for the "Stormtrooper" look. The work is good, but the theme is played out. Ever since plastic-dip became readily available, every single guy with a white car has been doing it. The Audi forums were horrendous for it.

4. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

When they first started doing it I thought it was pretty cool. I still like the all black look as long as the wheels aren't black.

5. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

I think you'd have to be a pretty freaky star wars fan to want to have your truck painted like this theme and I guess this guy likes the old films too much! :lol:

There's only a few things that plasti dip is good for and color matching your vehicle is not one of them... All the chrome on this truck was stripped from the plastic and repainted.

I do like how he did these emblems. Plasti dipped them on the truck!

[​IMG]

The "whites" do look off but not when you are standing in front of the truck. I know the paint is mixed in accordance with the paint codes. If there's a difference in the color, it's because it was used on plastic and my brother told the guy that it might not match 100%... Apparently, he loves it too much. He posted it on one of his truck site pages and within a hour, my brother got 5 friend requests on the FB and a bunch of private messages.

6. Dartboy

Dartboy I actually AM too lazy to Choose a Custom Title

I never liked white vehicles, because it makes all the joints between the body panels stand out so much. Embracing the black seams by blacking out the other trim looks better to me.

Maybe I'll black out the chrome on my Ram to make it look like my cap is mismatched on purpose :D

7. dietz4ibanez

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

The difference between body panels is going to be noticeable, no matter the color!

I love black and blue cars but man they suck at staying clean. White trucks seem to look clean for longer durations in between washes than any other color vehicle.

8. dietz4ibanez

Here's another one...

I'm pretty sure I posted this truck a couple weeks ago, somewhere...

He had a slight rub and he had the lift done at Super Trucks of Raleigh. They took a freackin Sawz all to the bumper and in this photo you can see what the definition of "hack job" means... Charged the dude $250 to do it... I think he should take a bill to them on top of a $250 refund, or else he advertises this work that they did on a freackin $70k truck... He has 1900+ likes on a local truck FB page, that should count for something, right? lol

[​IMG]

Getting those American Forces chrome polished, I always get the crappy jobs...

[​IMG]

Here is the repaired bumper, so far... Can't wait to see it on the truck.

[​IMG]