1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door switches

Discussion in 'Mobile Security' started by Bernie, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

I just checked a diagram for a 99 3500 truck, and it does say its a purple wire (-) .

2. ScottyBoy

You got it. :thumbs:

3. Bernie

Bernie Guest

Thanks Scotty. :)

4. Bernie

Bernie Guest

Got the fwonker installed today but I evidently screwed up somewhere. As soon as you turn the ignition off the interior lights come on, then, when you get out, the system won't arm from the remote (it self-arms after 60 seconds though), it leaves the interior lights on, and will not disarm from the remote. :frustration:

I went over the wiring three times and can't figure out where I screwed up so I just pulled the fuse for it for tonight and I'll work on it again tomorrow.

:facepalm:

5. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

I know you'll get it worked out. If you can't, nobody can!

6. ScottyBoy

What kind of alarm is this?

7. Bernie

Bernie Guest

Code Alarm Pro 400

It's old school, from the late 90's, but I didn't need anything really fancy since I don't have power locks and don't need remote starting.

From what I'm seeing I think I've got it figured out. There's a function I need to program in that will disable the exit illumination and I think the problem with the parking lights is too much current draw since I also have marker lights. I'm going to put in a relay to work the parking lights and just use the output from the module to control the relay.

The problem with it not recognizing the remote... not too sure about that one. The batteries in the remotes are 10 years old, but still read fine on my battery tester (a good one, not one of those cheap things they sell at the dollar store) with full voltage even under a small load. My initial thought was that the batteries could have been weak, and not powering the transmitter very much.

It's possible the module "lost" the codes for the remotes, so I'll reprogram it for both again tomorrow to see if that solves the issue. If not then I'll look at the antenna for the module and see if it might have a problem.

The remotes did work the first time I tried them, but I had to pull some wiring apart to try and get the parking lights working, so myabe I just crossed something up or pulled the antenna loose.

We'll see tomorrow or Friday (supposed to rain tonight)