1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way To Change Fuel Pump 2000 Silverado

Discussion in 'Tech How To' started by Farmer2, Feb 12, 2017.

1. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

If you have some help to lift it off, a forklift, overhead, or even a comealong...removing the bed is the way to go. Yeah, you can really clean up a lot under there.

This is when we did my son's '02:

[​IMG]

2. Dartboy

Dartboy I actually AM too lazy to Choose a Custom Title

If you're rustproofing- try to do some at the brake and fuel lines where they pass by the front driver's side wheel well. Chevy didn't extend the fender liner far enough, so there's a gap for road grime to shoot right into those lines. Just spent >$2K to have them replaced on a truck at work.

3. Draenor

Draenor KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!

That's the way I do it. Unless you can use the lift at work.:naughty:

[​IMG]

4. Farmer2

Farmer2 I'm NEW... What now?

I have a two ton engine puller that should work well for this. I could lift it just like in the fork lift picture.

Thanks for the ideas!

5. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

Mine went out this summer. Since I can't remove the bed on a Suburban, I had no choice but to drop the 30 gallon tank which happened to still be about half full. I ended up tilting it down so I could drain as much of the gas as possible into a bucket. I then had my 16 year old son help me lower the tank completely and slide it out from under the truck. It actually wasn't too bad, other than the stubborn quick connect fittings on the fuel lines not easily releasing. But since I used a AC Delco pump, hopefully it will last another 15 years just like the original one did. :thumbs:
    If the pump ever goes out ony wife's car, it should be really easy to change. Most Nissan cars have an access hatch under the back seat to easily access the fuel pump. Ever Altima we have owned has it, but I've never had to replace a fuel pump on one.

6. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Should have put an access hatch, lol