1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 F150/5.4 Triton Idle Adjust

Discussion in 'Mechanic's Corner' started by dgsapper12, May 29, 2013.

1. mr_bots

mr_bots People in glass houses sink ships

:thumbs:

IAC = Idle Air Control Valve. It controls how much air gets to the engine at idle. However, I don't know what I was thinking as you're truck doesn't even have one. They've pretty much gone away with ETC as the PCM will just open or close the throttle to control idle, no need for a second electronic valve to do the same thing. :uhoh:

2. Zembonez

Zembonez I hate black wheels...

3. che22879

che22879 < Yes that was my foot!!!!

The 05 F150 does not have an IAC. How hard was it to clean the throttle body?

4. dgsapper12

dgsapper12 I'm NEW... What now?

MAF was very simple, unplug and two 2.5 MM hexagonal screws. TB was just as easy. Remove air filter, unhook intake from fender well, lift up slight while depressing a little where it connects to the air filter housing and the whole thing comes right out. next take loose 4 10 mm bolts and the intake comes right off the TB.

Spray the cleaner in shots while manually working the butterfly. You will be able to tell noticeable difference in performance. I did.

Good luck!

:chipper:

5. 2695bermudez

2695bermudez I'm NEW... What now?

Hey I have a 2005 ford 500 and recently my idle went from about 1000 rpms to 600 rpms took it to the ford dealership the cleaned my throttle body but my idle is still at 600 and for some reason my car steal seems like its not getting enough power as it had before can someone help me???

6. Draenor

Draenor KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!

I'd start a new thread. List anything you have tried in troubleshooting.

7. SamuelBeard

SamuelBeard I'm NEW... What now?

hello

The 5.4 Triton motors Don't have an IAC motor they are all electric and they been known to go bad. I had to put a brand new throttle body on my 2007 f-150. I am still fighting this problem.