1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Largest External Trans Cooler?

Discussion in 'Mechanic's Corner' started by bubbatrucklover, Jun 4, 2019.

1. 66nova

66nova Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

The Tru-Cool 40k is pretty much the best transcooler on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drperry likes this.
  2. bubbatrucklover

bubbatrucklover Heavy Metal Red Neck

That all sounds like good advice but, I particularly like what I highlighted. :thumbs: The flaring and all is outside my comfort zone. Thank you so much for helping put my mind at ease. :cheers:I'm not saying a few hundred dollars ISN'T worth saving a trans BUT, if I can get the results I want more economically, it's a no brainer. ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. bubbatrucklover

DEFINITELY worth checking into and budgeting for. :thumbs: Thanks. :cheers:

4. 66nova

66nova Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

In my 2007.5 Silverado with a 6.0, supercharger and a 4L80 swap. I was running a 2500-3000 stall converter and a Hayden aftermarket transmission cooler. It would not keep temps with normal driving below 200. All I did was swap to the tru-cool 40k and I ran temps 150-160 all day long. It would rarely hit 200 even while towing my drag car with a 27 ft enclosed trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bubbatrucklover

Well you have me sold and while looking on amazon I found a customer who shared this:

That's basically what I'm looking for. :thumbs:

One customer said this, " I've seen a lot of pics with people installing with the ports down but this design is definitely suppose to have the ports up otherwise you are trapping air inside and not filling the cooler preventing max performance of cooler. This is NOT self bleeding."

What are your thoughts? Did you do like the video or up like he said? I mean the factory cooler is mounted down so I don't see why he is contradicting GM's design. :dunno: Not to mention pretty much EVERY aftermarket cooler is shown the same.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019