1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of Cell Phone & Service...

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by dietz4ibanez, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Z71 Kris

Z71 Kris Independence...

I've a Chocolate 3 from LG and Verizon, cant complain that often...

2. JRD

JRD I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

LG EnV 2 on Verizon

3. Tallspawn

Tallspawn TMC Tall Person Club Founder

2 phones, both Sprint.

Work is HTC Touch on Everything plan
    Personal is Samsung S30 (new Instinct) with Everything Family plan.

4. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

I had been with sprint for over 9 years , but after I moved from New Orleans 3 yrs ago I noticed that Sprint's coverage here was crap. I tried Verizon and it was almost as bad. I then switched to Alltell wireless about 1 year or so ago after my bos swore it was the best coverage around. And true to his word, I've NEVER dropped a call, even if I'm in my deerstand out at the hunting lease. As for the actual phone, I have a razr. I've always just got whatever phone has the longest battery talktime. Other than coverage, thats all I'm concerned about. I could care less about texting and taking pictures and all the other crap. I use a phone to talk, thats it. But now Verizon has just recently purchased Alltel. As long as I still have good coverage, I guess the transition wont be too bad. I'm assuming since they bought Alltel that they bought all their towers as well.

5. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

Good points made here.

It really depends on where you are. AT&T here between Austin and San Antonio gives me coverage when others using other services are scrambling for signal. I've been using AT&T for almost 20 years for mobile service.

6. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

I have an LG Dare with Verizon. The Dare has a touch screen, 5MP camera, internet, etc. But people can't hear me when I talk. Other than that, it's great! :rolleyes:

Verizon service is top notch in Des Moines. US Cell is alright. AT&T, well you'd be better off yelling out your window. :lol:

7. DofD

DofD The devil's in the details and there are a lot of

HTC Touch Diamond with Telus Mobility here. It's been a good phone in the year I've had it.

8. Vmax2007

Vmax2007 Guest

Motorola Razrs and T-mobile here. I am dumping BOTH at the end of this year though. Probably going with AT&T. My wife can get a discount through work on both Verizon and AT&T, but right now I am leaning heavily toward AT&T.

9. M.Cueva

M.Cueva jrrod2004

Have the HTC Touch HD (T8285) on AT&T network. Here in Austin (and surrounding areas) AT&T turned on their 3G network that transmits/receives on the 850MHz band so now I can use 3G almost anywhere (since the signal penetrates better). HTC Touch HD runs Windows Mobile 6.1. It has been really stable thus far and the call quality is top notch. Most comparisons at work are done between the Iphone 3G / Iphone 3G S and mine. Mine beats the Iphone 3G / Iphone 3G S with a bigger screen (3.8"), better resolution (480 x 800), 5MP camera, and True GPS vs A-GPS. The only thing I dont like about the phone is the apps. There are not as many apps for Windows Mobile 6.1 vs the Iphone.

Biased: I hate the Iphone since the OS is highly restrictive vs Windows Mobile 6.1. A co-worker's Iphone 3G was upgraded to 3.0 and the 3.0 software bricked the damn thing. Co-worker ended up having to take the Iphone to a shop to have it unbricked (which apparently is the case with the 3.0 update). That and the Iphone does not have a storage expansion slot :(

10. beboswell

beboswell I'm NEW... What now?

I've been on AT&T since before they were AT&T and while they were Cingular and back to AT&T, blah,blah, blah, but anyway, I've traveled all over and been out in B.F.E. and I always have the best signal in the group. Wouldn't change.
    As far as phone, I carry an HTC whatever that AT&T calls the tilt for the windows mobile cause I need the office app. It's been bullet proof for over a year and that's a record for me. No frills and music and crap, but I don't need that.