What do you Tow?

tnpete

I'm NEW... What now?
Reaction score
Here's ours now.

30,000 lbs gross weight. Truck is 14,000 lbs and the camper is 16,000 lbs. 2005 Chevy Kodiak C5500 with a 5.9 24 valve 275 HP RV motor now 350 HP and 820 Torque. 2012 Heartland LandMark Key Largo. Last trip 900 miles 2 weeks ago. 10.79 MPG pulling it.
Pete

Longshot270

I'm too COOL (lazy) to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
jeep%20and%20boat_zpsrtnmprqq.jpg

1432 alumacraft with hopped up longtail. 19-21 mpg towing leave more room in the budget for fun stuff.

NMRam

Still Here Because I'm Not There
Reaction score
Set your equalizer bars properly, and you won't have any issues... What's the gvw on that beast, anyways? Lol

6 lugs on the trailer?

Surprisingly, the trailer wasn't set up for an equalizer hitch, and I didn't have time to find one and get it set up...I was on a pretty short deadline to get the trailer moved. I let the equalizer hitch I used to have go with the last trailer when I sold it.

The title lists the GVW on this one as 8600 (I think) which is well under the 10,400 this truck is supposed to be able to tow. It is 5 lug wheels and only C rated tires (which will probably be changed out to E's if it is going to be pulled much). It really pulls pretty easy, the pickup had no problem moving or stopping it. The biggest thing is just the overall size in relation to the size of the pickup...it wants to wag a little if you go very fast! I do think an equalizer hitch will fix it.

On a side note, the trailer sway control on this pickup actually works with the trailer brake control, so when the trailer sways the pickup brakes kick in and it also engages the trailer brakes which straightens it right out. It was kind of weird when it kicked in (it only happened twice in the 70 miles or so I pulled it) but it is good to know that it actually works like it is supposed to!

PenguinLTZ

Not a Mod
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set your equalizer bars properly, and you won't have any issues... What's the gvw on that beast, anyways? Lol

6 lugs on the trailer?

Surprisingly, the trailer wasn't set up for an equalizer hitch, and I didn't have time to find one and get it set up...I was on a pretty short deadline to get the trailer moved. I let the equalizer hitch I used to have go with the last trailer when I sold it.

The title lists the GVW on this one as 8600 (I think) which is well under the 10,400 this truck is supposed to be able to tow. It is 5 lug wheels and only C rated tires (which will probably be changed out to E's if it is going to be pulled much). It really pulls pretty easy, the pickup had no problem moving or stopping it. The biggest thing is just the overall size in relation to the size of the pickup...it wants to wag a little if you go very fast! I do think an equalizer hitch will fix it.

On a side note, the trailer sway control on this pickup actually works with the trailer brake control, so when the trailer sways the pickup brakes kick in and it also engages the trailer brakes which straightens it right out. It was kind of weird when it kicked in (it only happened twice in the 70 miles or so I pulled it) but it is good to know that it actually works like it is supposed to!

Well shit, that is lighter than mine! You said 39 feet, and I just assumed the SOB was weighing in north of 12K :D

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
I tow all the shits all the time, like a bawwws.

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Reaction score

6 lugs on the trailer?

Shit, that's lighter than mine, and mine is only 27 feet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sofia Shamrylo
Back