1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Won :-)

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by NGM7492, Mar 24, 2013.

1. NGM7492

NGM7492 Changed

OK quick background, the class we run in is called True Street. The car has to be street legal with DOT approved tires, insured, registered, exhaust with muffler(s) lights, horn, all the glass etc etc etc. We go to Bradenton every year to run an event called Spring Break Shootout. Spring Break Shootout is the first event of the year and there are 100-120 cars in this class. The whole group has to make a 30 mile cruise, come back to the track and make 3 back to back passes. They take the average of the 3 passes and give prizes to the closest to 15 sec 14 sec all the way down to 9 sec. Then They give a HUGE Trophy for fastst car. We came in 6th in overall 2 weeks ago, then broke the car when they ran the quick 16 in that class.

Fast forward to this weekend. Got the car back together Friday and loaded up and drove back to Bradenton Fri night and slept in the truck at the gate. We knew of 1 car that was going to be there that was faster than us, but his car is a new build and has alot of problems.

First test pass of Sat morning we shook the tires pretty bad on the launch (this is what broke the car 2 weeks before) We are nervous as hell we did it again. Went over the car and did not see any problems. (whew).

We went on the 30 mile cruise, played with the car a little on the road hehehehe.

Got back they gave us a good cooldown.

We had traction problems bad at this track every time we go. So we lowered the launch RPM.

First pass the car hooks but its slow out of the hole due to lowered RPM and it ran a 9.23.

Second pass pulled the front tires and was a 9.20.

Third pass was a 9.33.

There were 3 other cars that (if they could stay together) were faster than us.

1 Camaro Shut off in the middle of the first run so that run was never completed so that put him out of the running.

2 A BAD ASS Chevy II wagon ran an 8.0 on his first pass then on the second pass broke his pinion in the middle of the run ( I hate that for anyone )

3 The Mustang that we knew was there but having problems ran a 8.66 on his first pass and a 10.36 on his second pass, but burned up the transmission on his second pass giving us the win!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kennyray

Kennyray No Whiners, Violaters will be bitched slapped.

Congrats :thumbs:

3. JOEGMC

JOEGMC Daytona 500 2/23/2014

:worthless:

Just sayin :tmc::D

4. Texas Jim

Texas Jim Texas..It's a Whole 'nuther Country

5. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

:withstupid: :dunno:

6. NGM7492

NGM7492 Changed

[​IMG] My brother is the king of the track.. lol More pics and videos will come once he wakes up and hosts them.

7. NGM7492

NGM7492 Changed

150+MPH is not kind to a 20 year old top.

Attached Files:

8. Z71 Kris

Z71 Kris Independence...

cool, congrats...

sent from my galaxy note 2

9. daddy

daddy I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

You should have had your rag top down so your hair can blow. You'd have had all the girlies on standby, waving just to say hi. If they asked you to stop, you could have said "Nah" and just drove by.

10. BlueCollarPilot

BlueCollarPilot Boy I say boy

[​IMG]