1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanna buy an Optima. Red or Yellow?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by 1LOW4X4, Feb 2, 2011.

Red or yellow optima battery?

1. Red

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Yeller

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. tleach17

tleach17 I wanna be your Maine Man

Nice choice. COUPONS RULE!

2. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Good deal :thumbs:

3. Trent

Trent mmmm beer

x2, I use the 40% off coupon for everything. Then just pick up in store, it rocks.

4. Trent

Trent mmmm beer

Thats the same exact one I put in my truck a couple months, workin great so far! Can't beat it with that coupon either.

5. 1LOW4X4

1LOW4X4 Guest

I wonder if I can use a discount on mobil 1....I need an oil change :lol:

6. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

I agree with Dennis here. I have had Optimas in the past. They are great batteries as far a power, but the life expectancy is fairly short. I had 2 yellow tops, each only lasted one year. I said **** that and switched to a red top. The longest I got out of that was a little over two years. If they would last at least 3-4 years then they would be great. But for that price I wont pay it if I have to buy a new one every two years. I bought an Autocraft from Advance for just under 100 bucks out the door. It has 800 cca and a 3 year free replacement, 7 and a half year pro rated warranty. Several times I have came out to my truck in the mornings and the interior lights were left on (damn kids :fume:) but it started right up even after having the lights on for about 10 hours.

7. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

I tried to before, no online discounts on oil. But I was able to use it on coolant. I got 40 bucks off my water pump, then did a separate transaction for the coolant and some hand cleaner so I could double dip with the discounts. :lol: I got a 120$ water pump for 80$. I got 40+ bucks worth of coolant, hand cleaner, and a few other things for 27 bucks after the discount.

8. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

I always buy the gold top Duralast battery from Autozone. They last well over 5 years, and only cost around $100. with exchange.

9. daddy

daddy I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Absolutely. There are soveral other sites out there as well with similar functionality. I generally just Google the store name plus "coupon code discount" and several of those types of sites will pop up. I've saved thousands with them over the years. :thumbs:

You'll like that battery. I have one in my Tahoe, my Jetta and in my boat and I've never had a problem with any one of them!

10. 1LOW4X4

1LOW4X4 Guest

Good deal. I think I'll start checking those sites.

Picked it up and stuck it on the trickle charge real quick just to freshen her up. Gonna stick it in the truck after the green light comes on and then take my delco back for the core!