1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper 5901 Question

Discussion in 'Mobile Security' started by Shanks12, May 5, 2011.

1. Shanks12

Shanks12 Will You Join My WolfPack?

Had a quick question maybe some of you guys can answer for me..

If I lock my truck using the remote then go and use my keypad on the truck to unlock it, it actually sets off the alarm..

Was this an install or is this just a flaw of the system? :dunno:

It's rather annoying if I need to get in the truck real quick and don't have my keys on me that it sets off the alarm.. :(

2. svensk

svensk TMC's official Zombie Slayer

Same trigger as setting the alarm and then unlocking the car from the inside. If you disable it that kind of makes the system less secure. :dunno:

3. Shanks12

Okay... So you are saying it wouldn't be smart to have it that way.

4. daddy

daddy Administrator

Is this if you lock it or if you set the alarm? If you just lock it, and want to unlock it with the keypad, that should be fine, IMO. If you arm it and then want to unlock it with the keypad without disarming it, then I think the alarm going off makes sense.

5. 700 sportsman

700 sportsman "That motor runs gooder than hell !"

Yeh, I see where your coming from, but unless you did some tricky wiring it would be best to leave it the way it is. Because you'd obviously want your alarm to go off if someone opened the door from the inside. So, I would do some looking, but if they're no somewhat easyway to change it I'd leave it be.

6. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

Mine does the same thing if I use the key to unlock a door rather than the remote. The system doesn't know if the entry is authorized if it is not disarmed first.

7. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

Yeah, unlocking the door with anything besides the Viper remote (if the viper sytem is armed or has auto-arming enabled) will result in the alarm being triggered. No easy way around it. Viper alarms cannot be disarmed by any external switches wired to them, only by the viper remotes. So no way you can interface the system to disarm when you unlock the door with the door keypad.

8. Shanks12

Okay Thanks... That pretty much answers my question...

When I hit LOCK on the remote it auto sets the alarm. Which is the way I prefer it to be.. Just sometimes when I don't have keys on me I wish I could get in there without setting off the alarm.. But I guess I will just have to pick my poison!