Tricky HID question

Fast Hampster

I'm NEW... What now?
Reaction score
Not quite like that. We have a lot in common with human beings:lol:, and we (mostly) use left hand drive vehicles. Whoever has a RHD one (we have a lot of "native Japanese" cars in here) also has to use right side of the road. So i assume that's not a problem. The problems are:
1 - I have a real American :ford: truck (not a problem itself, but buying parts is... um... let's say a bit complicated)
2 - The truck is not quite new, which makes finding something for it even more spectacular.
3 - I really want to customize my truck, and HID headlights are (were?) on the list - they really are brighter and more helpful in night time. I have rather bad vision, so I kind of need that. I can go with powerful fog lights, but it was another option I'd like to install to get even more light.
3.5 - Light bars are legal to be installed here.
3.6 - Light bars are illegal to be used.
4 - Also looking forward to buy a new more powerful alternator, but I guess this problem should go to separate thread :)

drperry, no offence in the beginning of this post. I assume that you don't get a lot of info about Russia in the USA. I just was trying to be funny :)

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite like that. We have a lot in common with human beings:lol:, and we (mostly) use left hand drive vehicles. Whoever has a RHD one (we have a lot of "native Japanese" cars in here) also has to use right side of the road. So i assume that's not a problem. The problems are:
1 - I have a real American :ford: truck (not a problem itself, but buying parts is... um... let's say a bit complicated)
2 - The truck is not quite new, which makes finding something for it even more spectacular.
3 - I really want to customize my truck, and HID headlights are (were?) on the list - they really are brighter and more helpful in night time. I have rather bad vision, so I kind of need that. I can go with powerful fog lights, but it was another option I'd like to install to get even more light.
3.5 - Light bars are legal to be installed here.
3.6 - Light bars are illegal to be used.
4 - Also looking forward to buy a new more powerful alternator, but I guess this problem should go to separate thread :)

drperry, no offence in the beginning of this post. I assume that you don't get a lot of info about Russia in the USA. I just was trying to be funny :)

If we were taught what side of the road Russia uses in school, I don't remember it :lol:
We did learn a fair bit about Russia's past, though, up here in Canada :D

These are probably your best bet :dunno:

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Reaction score
I tried to find projectors for your truck, but I couldn't find any :(

You do know, that if you get the, you have to post pictures, right? :thumbs:

Fast Hampster

I'm NEW... What now?
Reaction score
Lol yea i know that posting pics is a must :) Anyway I can't even post pics with current look of the truck cause it's 200 miles away from me, although I already have a new camera specially for this purpose :) As soon as I will get closer to my truck I will take some pics and create a separate thread about terrible life of an American truck in Russia :D

07FX4Chick

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Reaction score
New camera! Woohoo! We expect lots of pictures!!! :thumbs:

I have looked also and I cannot find anything that you are wanting for your truck when it comes to those type of headlights.

Fast Hampster

I'm NEW... What now?
Reaction score
I hope not to disappoint you. Just got a call from that paint shop. They say it will take 2 more weeks for them to finish my truck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeaGeiger9
Back