1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Warner Cable modem

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by Black02Silverado, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mr_bots

mr_bots People in glass houses sink ships

I'm not sure how bandwidth is allocated but I know after I upgraded my speed the other day it hasn't dropped below 20MB/s at peak times where it used to drop down to 5MB/s. Still nowhere near the 60MB/s I'm supposedly paying for but significantly better than it was before. :dunno:

You might try googling reset procedures for your printer. For example: my laser printer estimates solely on page count. If it has any black, no matter the amount it counts as one page of toner. If it has any color, of any amount, it counts as a one page of toner on all three color toner cartridges. When it says I'm out of toner, just hit a few key buttons and pick which toner cartridge and hit "Reset" and it thinks that toner is full again. I do that until it actually runs out.

2. mr_bots

Just sat on hold for over an hour with tech support to activate a new modem only for them to tell me they can't change it, it has to go through the local office that's only open while I'm at work. Fucking wonderful. :fume:

3. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

:facepalm:

4. Longshot270

Longshot270 I'm too COOL (lazy) to Choose a Custom Title!!!

I had better luck.

I got home yesterday afternoon and found they had cut my service plan in half but only took $9 off my rate. I called them back asking what kind of BS that was and they gave back my previous rate at a final cost of $50. Checked this morning and it is the standard rate but for $53.

5. mr_bots

Finally got the SB6141 activated. Had to go down there because their local number isn't listed anywhere, damn cable company.

Thought about the SB6121 but it wasn't much more to get the more future proof SB6141, though it has gone up in price since last week for some reason on Amazon. The status lights on it are bright as shit though.

6. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

I got lucky and a guy on another forum had this modem sitting around and said I could have it for the cost of shipping, which was $8.

ARRIS/Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Walmart.com

I got it hooked up and set up with TWC and not sure if it is just me or not but we seem to get a little better speed out of this one over the TWC modem, plus we are saving $8 a month.