1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for an Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mobile Security' started by mblouir, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mblouir

mblouir I need a hobby.

As seen here in the 'Material' section of the review, my keyfob is ruined.

Why wouldn't I just buy another keyfob, you ask? Unfortunately they are running about $100 on eBay. Not only that, but I've had problems with this unit for a while now. It gives me warning chirps all the time.....so much so that I often don't even set the alarm anymore.

I'll be buying from Travis (KCAutoSound) again. I love his pre-wiring options and installation instructions. I am going to email him and find out if he would be willing to send me the instructions for the 5901 installation to see what I would need to change from the CA-671 installation. Between work and whatnot I'd prefer to get everything ready beforehand so it's a somewhat-simple swapping of systems. He normally doesn't give out the instructions unless you buy the unit, but hopefully since I've already purchased one (somewhat faulty) unit from him, he will be willing to make an exception.

Will keep you guys updated as I get into preparation/ordering/installation phases.

2. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Sucks that you have to fork out more money for another one. :(

3. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

Good luck. I am a little scared to do a remote start install. My uncle and cousin had a BAD experience doing it themselves. But you can sure save some coin! :cool:

4. Trent

Trent mmmm beer

Travis makes it so easy. The pre-wiring he does is fantastic, its worth every cent of the $25 he charges.

5. Trent

Trent mmmm beer

Definitly report back how you like the 5901 compared to the CA. I really don't like my CA, its been funky from the start. Randomly honking while parked, etc, etc. Haven't actually used the alarm more than a few days since i got it.

6. mblouir

mblouir I need a hobby.

Those warning chirps have been driving me crazy for a while now, so it's a good chance to get a new unit.

x2. A big reason I'll be ordering from him again. The pre-wiring and custom color installation instructions are the reasons I like ordering from Travis.

Will do, Trent. :tmc:

7. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

:thumbs: I don't doubt that at all!