1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test runs on new 410 CI nitrous fed motor

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by skeet, Apr 3, 2011.

1. skeet

skeet EvlRed 10 Sec Club

well yesterday i finally got to test the new setup out, sorry for no vids as i pretty much worked by myself though ben a good friend assisted in the lanes.

heres the break down:

its a 6.0 block bored .040 = 410 CI stroker

has diamond pistons, lunati crank and rods from quik ( badass parts here ;) ) ls3 heads

same heads, reworked by James at rage motorsports in Baytown texas <--- also the guy who built the setup, he put alot of R&R into this build just like he does all others ( very pleased )

anyway onto the drag talk

first pass all motor off the trailer she goes 11.19 at 121 mph cutting a 1.53 60 ft. running consistant all day until night fall then things went south, the temps were 71* but the humidity was a killer and the dew rolled in early..

these were all motor passes in hopes to be spraying a 100 shot come next weekend, the motor was built around a huge shot of nitrous..

all i can say is im very pleased with the outcome of the build, rage has done one hellva job building this motor and to achieve way beyond my expectations i can only imagine what it'll do on a 100 shot out the hole, then working the direct port in later on!!

we'll be finalizing the tune as i sent Quik a few logs to look over and get back with me, the guy is the shitz when it comes to tuning..!!

very pleased with the first time out!

2. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

Cool!

I'll be hanging out here, drinking beer, waiting on some vids. :tmc:

3. skeet

skeet EvlRed 10 Sec Club

i hope you ( we ) the forum doesnt have to waite to long :( i hate not having vids of my truck lol, nick was my camera man lol but i guess hes living it up in his new house, hadnt talked to him in awhile, im sure i'll fiind another though :)

i do apoligize for not being more active here, its a great site foresure, no excuses though im just more performance oriented.

4. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

Stop in when you can. Not all of us are here all of the time... That's life. I realize this place is more of a hangout than a performance site.

We'll certainly welcome any vids you wanna post of the truck. Those numbers look encouraging for sure.

5. CJ Hungus

CJ Hungus Moderator

Awesome skeet! Almost 10's right off the bat, all motor. That thing is going to fly with a 300 shot.

6. skeet

skeet EvlRed 10 Sec Club

i pretty much do, dont get me wrong theres things i like to read and things i like to laugh at ;) all in all its a great community and i enjoy my visits !!:thumbs:

thanks CJ it was close, but with after reading and sifting through logs we found iat's motor temps out of this world, i couldnt run a cold air intake cause the one i had was a huge restriction. i'll get i fixed soon i hope.. also need a dyno i hate guessing where to shift :(

anyway it'll come around, it takes time but once its done it should get interesting

7. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

Where are the videos already?

8. buRRp

buRRp Moderator

:thumbs: Nice times

9. skeet

skeet EvlRed 10 Sec Club

no track vids from saturdays runs!

but if youre interested heres a idle rev vid

[YT]OWQ_iItCHqE[/YT]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011