1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock air intake

Discussion in 'TMC TECHNICAL' started by 5.3silverado, Jul 21, 2012.

1. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

I have a 04 silverado 5.3 is there difference in stock intakes? I am looking for a stock air intake and i am being told there is a high flo and a regular air intake
    System. I am not sure which one will work for my truck? Any help would be appreciated.
    Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

2. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

Not that I am aware of. There were 2 different elements available, one for high dust.

3. Bigredmariner

Bigredmariner Administrator

Are you talking about the intake tube or the actual intake that bolts to the heads?

The car or LS1 intake is said to have better flow but you have to change too many accesory mounts for it to be just a bolt on improvement.

If you're talking about the tube, then there are several affordable aftermarket cold air intake kits available. Read this thread http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23730

If one of those looks like something you would like contact Black Bear Performance for pricing. Site sponsor.:bbp:

4. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Just installed a Air raid mit intake tube, gonna see if I can feel any difference in seat of pants.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2