1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott, are you sure...

Discussion in 'Cameras & Photography' started by 66nova, Dec 4, 2018.

1. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

Karl, what is wrong? We can make your set up more stable, my brother.

Talk to me!

I grabbed one of our equipment trailers 2 weeks ago; a Towmaster 16DT, and put a 9900 pound track machine, a snowblower and 2 blades on it. 21,000 pounds, baby!
    My truck is rock solid. I am convinced we can figure yours out, too.

2. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

He needs to run it over the scales, one axle at a time.... Might be loading the rear of the trailer too much... That does more for unstable towing than overloading the pin seems to... From what I remember his 5er isn't super heavy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. PenguinLTZ

I totally agree, and his is not super heavy. Air bags, hitch level, etc and weight on the steer axle of the truck will definitely change his experience. I know you know all of this, I just want him to enjoy it like I do. I spend a lot of time and money making sure I am level and heavy on my pin. I suspect his toy hauler might be heavy in the ass? Making his steer axle light?
    Tire pressure is my other peeve.

drperry likes this.
  4. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the setup as it stands...that was more of a "if i had to do it over again, i'd have gotten a dually, given that they don't really cost much more than a 2500."

After the IC pipe scare last year, things are actually pretty good. I will be heading to the local cat scale in the spring with everything loaded, and scaling it loaded, toys out and truck alone to see how things look. but overall i'm happy.

everything else is really my getting used to towing this heavy. unlike you guys, this is new to me. :)

drperry and Darkanion like this.
  5. PenguinLTZ

Right on, I just didin't want you to be hatin' it :cheers:

drperry and geektoad like this.
  6. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Toy haulers are typically nose heavy when the garage is empty, so they balance out better when loaded... I forgot it was a hauler, lol.

I had to loosen my WD bars if I had my quad in the back, otherwise it took too much weight off the rear axle, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk