Ram 1500 is getting a 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel... THIS YEAR!

mr_bots

People in glass houses sink ships
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks. That diesel costs $2100 more than the Hemi in the GC so I bet it's atleast that much in the Ram. Take the better mileage, add $0.60/gal, and then add the $2100 and it works out where that it will take years to even out. Drop the price to even with the Hemi and we'll talk. For pulling: if it's too much for the Hemi, it's too much for a half ton.

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Reaction score
BOOOO.

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
No thanks. That diesel costs $2100 more than the Hemi in the GC so I bet it's atleast that much in the Ram. Take the better mileage, add $0.60/gal, and then add the $2100 and it works out where that it will take years to even out. Drop the price to even with the Hemi and we'll talk. For pulling: if it's too much for the Hemi, it's too much for a half ton.

I don't agree with that last part at all. With the right trailer, 420 ft-lbs should perform nicely.

NMRam

Still Here Because I'm Not There
Reaction score
I may have to accelerate my plans for a new truck if the price is competitive. :thumbs: :willy:

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
You never know.

Being first with a standard-duty diesel pickup could attract 10,000 additional buyers the first year, more after that — if the price is right — predicts Jesse Toprak, veteran industry watcher at TrueCar.com.

He thinks Chrysler should "make a big noise" by offering the diesel at little or no price premium vs. gasoline engines.

That would be unheard of in the truck business — and unlikely in this case. "We think customers will be satisfied with the value proposition" after considering price, mileage and towing and hauling capacities, Diaz said.

He wouldn't comment on pricing, though,

mr_bots

People in glass houses sink ships
Reaction score

I don't agree with that last part at all. With the right trailer, 420 ft-lbs should perform nicely.

I didn't say the TDI wouldn't pull better I said that if it was too much for the Hemi (which has 407lb-ft), it's too much for a half ton chassis, brakes, etc. Is a gain of 13lb-ft (at a lower rpm) and loss of 155hp worth $2000+? Not to mention the extra maintenance, increased complexity, urea injection, etc. Good sense where diesel is not so much more than unleaded. Here, not so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67
Back