R5500 or F-550?

R5500 or F550?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowboy Cadillac

Ain't no trash in my trailer!
Reaction score
Im sure the benz engines in the Dodge sprinter (it was a Freightliner in Europe:dunno:) work fine, and they are quiet...but when it comes to reliability and parts availability especially for patch trucks...there is no time to wait for parts. And are you gonna be able to tune them to make gobs of power, and blow black smoke?

Stumpuller6.5

Shits gonna get Abrasive...
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
i talked to one of the head honchos with the company and they just bought two fords and the service bodys will be ready for christmas, i asked if one was mine and they pretty much said no. so who knows. :dunno:

I guess its really hard to get a dodge right now...still :dunno:

PenguinLTZ

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
Clancy!

Looks like I have to replace one of the Service Trucks. My company has gone 100% Ferd on the 1 ton and bigger service trucks :sigh: so I will be spec'ing one out very similar to yours. 2012 F550 :thumbs:

Stumpuller6.5

Reaction score
Sweet, who ever operates it should enjoy the smooth ride, we only have 2 F550s in the company right now, and several of the guys with the R5500s have riden in my truck and are shocked at how smooth it rides, doesn`t hurt your guts going down the back roads. We have one guy who keeps bending front rims every couple months. :lol:

There has been alot of electrical issues with the Dodges for some reason, aside from rear brakes and steady bearings my truck has been a solid runner. :lol:

I`ve got 92 XXXkms on now. (57166 miles)

And hey I`ve got 40 k miles on those michelins too, should be able to get another 10-15k! :cool:

PenguinLTZ

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
I love the 2 '07 GM 3500s I bought here, but the owner will no longer by GM (don't ask :lol:) So, we have several new 550s in the company.

Stumpuller6.5

Reaction score
truck011-1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dannytomany