Project Pickle Oh Nine

DV2000NJ

The Browmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This year's (well, hopefully week's) project isn't as big and dramatic as last year's, but it still needs to happen.

I never got a chance to weld in the new cats last summer, so that's getting done, and I'm going to be re-routing the exhaust so none of it is visible (not sure exactly how yet). I'll be stripping and painting the frame in all of the visible, and rusty areas with POR15. I also have a hitch off of an '05 that'll be replacing my rusted out POS. I'll probably spray my rear wheel wells black, and I may or may not have a brake line that needs replacing, but I doubt that'll happen this week. All of this has to be finished up by Thursday or Friday, since Carlisle is this weekend.

Obviously, there will be no shortage of pictures. :D

The bed's coming off tomorrow, along with just about everything else bolted to the rear of the frame, and I'm going to brush up a bit on my welding (which wasn't very good to begin with :lol:).

Question: How does one go about welding stainless steel to carbon steel? Is there anything special that needs to be done? I'm guessing a different type of wire will be necessary.

Last edited:

Draenor

KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
Reaction score
Yes they make special rods to weld stainless. As far as I know it must be tig'd together, or how I did it. I purchased 3 rods last year at $21 a pop.

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
This year's (well, hopefully week's) project isn't as big and dramatic as last year's, but it still needs to happen.

I never got a chance to weld in the new cats last summer, so that's getting done, and I'm going to be re-routing the exhaust so none of it is visible (not sure exactly how yet). I'll be stripping and painting the frame in all of the visible, and rusty areas with POR15. I also have a hitch off of an '05 that'll be replacing my rusted out POS. I'll probably spray my rear wheel wells black, and I may or may not have a brake line that needs replacing, but I doubt that'll happen this week. All of this has to be finished up by Thursday or Friday, since Carlisle is this weekend.

The bed's coming off tomorrow, along with just about everything else bolted to the rear of the frame, and I'm going to brush up a bit on my welding (which wasn't very good to begin with :lol:).

Question: How does one go about welding stainless steel to carbon steel? Is there anything special that needs to be done? I'm guessing a different type of wire will be necessary.

Easiest way would be just to cut two holes in the floorboard and let it flow through there. You can just roll down the window if it gets to be too much. :thumbs:

dietz4ibanez

Slowly going the way of the Buffalo
Reaction score

Easiest way would be just to cut two holes in the floorboard and let it flow through there. You can just roll down the window if it gets to be too much. :thumbs:

:rollin:

dietz4ibanez

Slowly going the way of the Buffalo
Reaction score
Wait a minute... What did you have done last year that was big and dramatic? :uhoh: :p

Last edited:

Draenor

KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
Reaction score

Why not stop polluting at the same time. Run it back into the intake. :thumbs:

V

Vmax2007

Good luck with that! It is a bitch and the results are usually not very good. Especially with sheet metal.

DV2000NJ

The Browmaster
Reaction score

Good luck with that! It is a bitch and the results are usually not very good. Especially with sheet metal.

:dunno:

It doesn't have to look pretty, it's just an exhaust. :lol:

DV2000NJ

The Browmaster
Reaction score

Why not stop polluting at the same time. Run it back into the intake. :thumbs:

SWEET! Forced induction! F*ck the 6.0, I'll just do that! I'll be going SUPERFAST! ZOOOOOOOM!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldWaifs
Back