Power Steering fluid

Do you change out your PS fluid? How often?

• No

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Yes, every 10k miles

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes, every 20k miles

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • What is PS fluid?

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

ScottyBoy

No, that's not a banana in my pants.
Reaction score
Only time I've ever changed power steering or brake fluid on any of my vehicles was if I had to replace a line or something and had no choice but to refill it with new fluid.:dunno:

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never changed PS fluid in a vehicle in my life. I suppose it should be changed sometime but I never have. I usually don't keep a vehicle long enough to change much besides the oil.

Black02Silverado

Sponsor
Reaction score
Since I have an older vehicle. Could some look in their owner manual and see if it states to change out the PS fluid. I want to say the newer vehicles now have that in the manual.

Now that there is a high quality fluid available, one would think that they would like to change out the factory fluid for better protection.

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Reaction score
I've never changed PS fluid in a vehicle in my life. I suppose it should be changed sometime but I never have. I usually don't keep a vehicle long enough to change much besides the oil.

Or a windshield. :D

Texas Jim

Texas..It's a Whole 'nuther Country
Reaction score
I realize I probably SHOULD HAVE changed the PS fluid on some of my trucks/cars, but I never have. :D

I usually keep a vehicle for AT LEAST 100,000 miles...more if it don't give me much trouble. :D

I have had a few that I drove for over 250,000 miles...never changed the PS fluid on any of them, unless I changed a leaking hose or something like that.

:cheers:

Z71 Kris

Independence...
Reaction score

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Reaction score

Or a windshield. :D

Still cracked. About 18 inches now. I need to have Safelite come swap it out. Em still wants to sell the car.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoraCate9
Back