1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photobucket has gone crazy

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by Black02Silverado, Jun 30, 2017.

1. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

That site is a fucking mess...:facepalm:

2. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

It is going to take a while but time to download all my pictures and cancel PB. Heck, third party hosting I would say is a big part of why most use PB.

3. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Yeah, wtf other reason do they even EXIST?! :facepalm:

4. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

So, what is the difference between direct linking, and 3rd party hosting? That is what they list as doing both on the expensive option. Aren't we direct linking here? I do realize that a 3rd party is hosting my pics. Just hoping I don't have to pay that extra cash...scratch that, I am not paying that extra cash. I certainly don't need to pay for that storage. Gigabytes are cheap!

5. Darkanion

To me, the only reason Photobucket exists is for sharing pictures on sites that aren't Photobucket. I guess I have so few pictures on there that my bandwidth isn't considered "excessive," as I'm still on a free account and I only use PB for sharing pics to other places. :dunno:

6. PenguinLTZ

I agree, but do you know what the difference between those 2 is? Serious question. :)

7. Darkanion

No clue how they differentiate. When I saw this thread, I figured my sig pics, etc. were going to disappear. But, so far *knock on wood*, they have not. :dunno:

8. PenguinLTZ

Perhaps it is all about the bandwidth, like you said. If you have pics and vids soaking up a bunch of views, then they throttle you, and ask for the cash ??

9. Darkanion

I guess so. I have a free 2GB account and they haven't cut me off yet. When I looked at their pricing page, I noticed this "*Photobucket reserves the right to limit excessive bandwidth usage." I guess if they think you're using too much, they can hit you up for $$. "You're sharing so much, we'll have you by the balls if we cut you off. So, you'll pay up!" :dunno:

I barely have anything on there, though. Dropbox used to have a "public" folder that I could drop things into and link to remotely. It was easier to "drag & drop > right-click > get public url" for sharing than "login to PB, go to the right gallery, select upload, find the right stinkin' folder, find the images, upload them ,wait, go find the links, blah blah blah."

So, I had gigs of images that I had shared out via Dropbox's public folder.

Until they cut that crap off a few months ago. Now, I have pictures threads all over the place with no images. :pfingers:

I thought Dropbox had a plan where you could pay to get the public folder back (and a lot more storage space), but it looks like they are cutting that off in September. So, I guess they won't be getting any money from me, even if I did decide I wanted all those shared pics to be visible again. :lol:

10. PenguinLTZ

That happened to me with webshots. I was a paid member there, too. I lost everything due to not paying attention to emails. All the pics of the blue truck, the mods I did, etc are just gone. All my GMT pics and vids are long gone dead links.