1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paying it foward

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by kennythewelder, Sep 10, 2018.

1. kennythewelder

kennythewelder B31-3 (6 G ) certified

I go to Rasing Canes (Chicken tenders place) last night for supper. Place my order. There was a little white Honda in front of me. She leaves, and I pull up. The cashier working the window repetes my order to me, and as I hand her my debet card, She said, the car in front of you paid for your meal. It was just a little thing, but was very nice. As I pulled out into the turn lane, the Honda was still in the left lane about 2 cars ahead of me. My turn light turned green first, so I honked and waved as I went by.

Black02Silverado likes this.
  2. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

Well, that is cool! No idea why?

3. kennythewelder

No, none. Just because I guess. I know She could see me in Her rear view mirror, but did not make any contact. Some times life can beat you up, and a little thing like this makes you feel good again.

4. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 There's a world going on outside the world that I'

:thumbs:

5. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

That's great! :thumbs: No one in line behind you to do same for?

6. kennythewelder

No, no one else on line. When I was working offshore, and making more money than I was spending, I would give some money to those in need. Once gave a girl with one leg a @20. She was standing on the street cornor with a sign. I could see the despair in Her eyes. She cryed a little when I gave a $20. and said thanks so much. Its a lot harder for me to do that these days. I make about 1/2 the money I did 4 years ago, and can never work back offshore again. I make enough to make it, but there isnt much extra these days.

7. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

I always like the stories you hear when a chain of people pay it forward at drive thru's. Wonder what the record is?

8. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

That is awesome. It is so hard to know who is deserving of such kindness, these days. The panhandlers on the corners here sometimes just have signs that say "I need dope"
    I have helped a couple of them over the years, wondering if I had done the right thing. Last year, I gave a guy a bag of dog food for his little 3 legged pooch that was standing with him. He was so very thankful. He had a shopping cart that he pushed around, and the dog was sitting in it when I came out of the store.

kennythewelder likes this.
  9. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Paying it forward is great!

I have done it a few times while in a drive thru. It is that little bit of giving and to them hope that can make the world a better place.

kennythewelder likes this.