Optima Batteries, FTW

tleach17

I wanna be your Maine Man
Reaction score
I told you guys about some of the winter gremlins I was having a while back. This just moving slowly and being weak. Well in the cold my battery was really sounding tired (it is the original from 2001) so I decided to install an Optima Red Top. HOLY CRAP! What a huge difference! Some of my gremlins went away and the engine cranks so good. It came with the adapters I needed to secure it in my battery tray to. I could not be happier with it and I highly recommend them.

66nova

Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbs:

f78697f5.jpg

1LOW4X4

Glad to hear it. Where did you buy yours, and did you do any trickle charging overnite before installing it?

I've been hearing about quality issues with these, but my 05 suburban has one and it works great.

I really want one, but I'm worried about the rumors, and where exactly to buy one, that hasnt been sitting on the shelf for two years. Oreillys has them but they are covered in dust.

Of course most rumors are passed around from people who have never even owned the product in question....

tleach17

Reaction score
I got it at Advanced auto parts. (I had a $20 off coupon :D). I put it in and my starter turned like never before.

R

Riggs

it probably just needed a new battery, not because its a optima that is starts better now

but optimas are pretty sweet batteries

tleach17

Reaction score
it probably just needed a new battery, not because its a optima that is starts better now

Ya I was waiting until it needed a new one to replace it. I wanted to get a good battery that could handle a winch in the future.

R

Riggs

Ya I was waiting until it needed a new one to replace it. I wanted to get a good battery that could handle a winch in the future.

should have looked at a gel or a deep cycle battery like a yellow top

how many CCA is the battery you got?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rescue Rover
Back