One-Off Dual Shock Hoops

AllBlkdOut07

UMBERTO de magnifico
Reaction score
Despite certain people (who shall remain nameless..lol) trying to get me to spend stupid $ on coilovers and reservoirs shocks, I decided to do a simple, yet unique set-up. Yes, I realize these shocks will just be for show, but I got a really good deal on some lightly used Rancho dual hoop set-up without the hoop, which was perfect for what I needed.

Bought the used 4 shocks and all important upper control arm brackets which will save several hours of fabrication.

We started by adding on outer tabs which not only adds strength, but looks better.
brackets.jpg

These look worse than they are, especially since they were just rattle canned by previous owner, they have virtually no pressure and are perfect since they're just for looks.
used_shocks.jpg

Once I have an autobody shop paint them they'll look like my other Ranchos I had painted.
shocks.jpg

This is the shape of the Rancho hoop which I don't like at all... a trapezoidal shape.
dblhpshk6.jpg

dblhpshk4.jpg

Photoshop of what we'll be aiming for. As usual, during the course of fabrication, it might change from the original sketch.
hoop1.jpg

I have 1 5/8" tubing and 1 1/4", so it should look beefy with some visual variety added from the smaller tube. It will have 4 bolt up points, instead of two which the Rancho kit calls for this application. Will most likely have the brackets and hoops black fine texture powdercoated.

Last edited:

mhockey9090

Reaction score
Thats going to be sweet. Wish i had the tools and all that to do custom work like you do

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool work as usual from Umberto de Magnifico.

AllBlkdOut07

UMBERTO de magnifico
Reaction score
Thanks, but I wish I had the tools too, and hands-on skills...:D

I do help out through the whole process which is great, I'm learning a lot about metal fabrication.

I've established a good rapport and friendship, (that is if you can actually befriend an angry biker fabricator). He gives me huge discounts on all the fabrication work, I think he enjoys working on something different.

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of work for no function, but so do a lot of other things we all do, I suppose.

You really do take things to a different level. :thumbs:

AllBlkdOut07

UMBERTO de magnifico
Reaction score
Ha..well, the 'function' is for these to fill these big ugly. empty wheel wells with something visual to look at.

Have a wedding in 2 months that my fiancé and I are paying for, so couldn't see spending $ on overpriced coilovers and reservoirs.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesse S
Back