Need some help selecting a big cutoff switch.

Lonesome7.3

By whatever means necessary …
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be an easy search. I have used battery cut off switches many times in the past. But I think I might be looking in the wrong direction. I have looked at page after page of cutoff switches and the selections in the parts stores is terrible.

So here is the plan. I am running 2 gauge battery cable from the battery to the back of the truck so I can power the winch on my trailer. I want to install a cutoff switch in the cab so the cable is not hot all the time. I want the switch to handle the power, be somewhat simple to install, and not look too bad all at the same time. Any suggestions?

PenguinLTZ

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flaming River

Lonesome7.3

Reaction score
The keyed switch s the style I normally use. But because this is going in the interior of my wife's truck, I wanted it to "blend" a bit better.

I have looked at toggle switches but I could not find one that can handle that kind cable and power.

The Flaming River stuff is nice. I have used many of their products. But their cutoff switch is not what I had in mind.

Lonesome7.3

Reaction score
I like that, it looks almost OE. That is kind of what I had in mind. I think if I install it correctly it will almost look like it came with the truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dannytomany
Back