1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need new battery

Discussion in 'Technical' started by KillaF150, Jan 19, 2011.

1. KillaF150

KillaF150 I'm Ron Burgundy?

So I went to start my truck today and it was completely dead. Went to jump it, dead. Went to put a charger on it and got it started. All my radio presets are gone, so dad said my battery is probably shot. My dad put it in the truck when I turned 16. What are your suggestions on a new battery? I want one that is dependable and can take 100* heat and 20* winters.

2. KillaF150

KillaF150 I'm Ron Burgundy?

bump

3. nubuilder

nubuilder Why buy new when you can restore?

Sorry, I'm no help here. We don't hit 100 (maybe once a year), but get below 20 easily. I get mine at a regional store.....and I know they're not by you.

I thought someone said they had good luck with AutoZone batteries, but I'm not sure. They're all pretty much the same with a different sticker slapped on them.

Hopefully someone will chime in....eventually

4. Texas Jim

Texas Jim Texas..It's a Whole 'nuther Country

I have been known to go to WalMart and get the biggest one, with the MOST PLATES and MOST COLD CRANKING AMPS that will fit in the battery tray.

Batteries usually last me 4 or 5 years... and I haven't seen much difference in a WalMart battery and others I have bought that I paid 3 or 4 times as much for.. :dunno:

Don't seem to matter... 4 or 5 years and they are toast.

5. FazeOwl

FazeOwl Adam's Polishes Expert

optimum batteries... youll get 3 or 4 years outta them

sams club has the best price for them i think 165.00 installed

if you have a "batteries plus" near you they have a gel battery that ive heard that is better. so who knews.

6. nubuilder

nubuilder Why buy new when you can restore?

Wow, heat must kill batteries faster than cold!

I have yet to go through a battery myself, but my parents have gone 6-8 years on a battery in their cars (driven daily, year-round). :dunno:

7. 700 sportsman

700 sportsman "That motor runs gooder than hell !"

I have a duralast gold, and I've heard lots of good about them online, and from a couple mechanic buddies. I've only had mine a year, but they have an 8 year warranty (4years free replacement, then prorated beyond that.

I've also heard the die-hard platinum batteries are simply re-labeled oddessy batteries which are supposed to be pretty good also.

8. Kennyray

Kennyray No Whiners, Violaters will be bitched slapped.

I have a Duralast in mine that is over 8 years old and it hasn't failed me yet.

9. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

[​IMG]

This is the battery I got. I go out to bonfires and I'm the one that plays the music through the truck. I've gone 3.5 hours out there w/o cranking the truck its well worth it.

Here's my old thread, Trent gave me a code for advanced auto that I used that got the battery for pretty cheap

I NEED A NEW BATTERY

10. stadt11

stadt11 LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

Duralast, DieHard, Kirkland batteries are all made by the same company, it's just branding. I got a Kirkland from Costco a year ago for about $60 (800 CCA w/ 10 year warranty) , it's been great in these below-zero temps :thumbs:

Optima's are too expensive IMO, if you don't have a Costco around you, I'd suggest getting a Duralast (I was going to get a Duralast, but decided on the Kirkland because of the price, & warranty at the time of sale).