1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael's (and everyone else's) WHORE IT UP pic thread!

Discussion in 'Cameras & Photography' started by Zembonez, Jul 5, 2009.

1. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

It could be...maybe a '73 or possibly a '75. :lol:

2. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

The more pics I've looked at, I think it may be a 75 Impala. By 75, the Caprice had already gone to the newer / sleeker (longer?) body style (at least based on my search results). To me, the opening for the grille on a 75 Caprice isn't big enough to match up with this car. 74 Caprice? Maybe. From the pics I've seen the 74 Caprice and 75 Impala look "close enough" that this car could be either one. :dunno:

So far, I haven't noticed anything on the 74 Caprice and 75 Impala to be able to distinguish them, short of badging, which I found NONE OF on the cars out there. :lol:

3. OldCracker29

Hell, they were a lot alike in many ways. I had both, a '73 Caprice and a '74 Impala and the Caprice was a bigger car. :dunno:

4. Darkanion

We're thinking "maybe" we can find a VIN on it somewhere and use that to identify the year and model. :dunno:

5. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

75 Impala. 74 Caprice was similar but had a wide piece of chrome from the headlight and down the side of the body. I know this one is stripped, but none of the holes for the chrome are visible...

6. Darkanion

That's what I'm thinking, but the ol' man wants to go out "and look at it himself." I may try to get out there again before "we" can get out there. If I can "prove" what it is, maybe he won't be so inclined to go out there. I'd really hate it if he got out there and hurt himself somehow.. :uhoh: :paranoid:

7. MADDOG

MADDOG CTD Driver

[​IMG]

New flares. :)

8. Longshot270

Longshot270 I'm too COOL (lazy) to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Thursday afternoon I drove from work in SA to the southern end of Mustang Island thinking I'd be crashing on the beach until I could join some friends the next day that were planning on leaving their houses at 3 AM to chase trout and redfish Friday.

When I arrived the water was the clear and relatively calm with only minor waves breaking over the sand bars. It was feeling like a good start so I threw out two lines, each with half a blue crab hoping that a big drum or something would hit.

[​IMG]
    Didn't have any luck but it was a good way to end a long work day.

Luckily my plan to head down early was extremely contagious and they got the rooms stretched forward another day.

On Friday, my buddy offered me a spot on the boat to chase trout and red drum but at 4 AM, that just didn't sound like too good of a plan. Instead, I slept late, ate waffles at the motel and then moseyed down to Mustang Island from the north.

The tide was finicky, wind was low and the sky very clear.
    First I wanted to try a spot on the ship channel I had never been to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't catch anything but it was a good test run to set up the shade, run some baits, eat a sandwich, drink a beer, etc.

I noticed the tide was starting to shift outward so I packed everything up and moved to the sandy side of the island. I had a good feeling because people were moving to where I was at saying the surf was no good for fishing. I don't know what they were smoking, but I saw birds working the first sand bar every 100 yards or so on schools of mullet, whiting and ladyfish. After a bit of driving I found a nice little spot without anyone fishing nearby so I started the process over again. Throw/paddle the bait out, get a drink, eat a few cookies, etc. Unfortunately, my 12 foot surf spinning rod was damaged transporting it between locations and then the plastic level wind drive gear on my Penn 309 had issues. There wasn't much I could do with the broken rod but I was able to do some surf-side surgery to remove the level wind, paddled fresh bait out on an 11/0 hook and waited. My patience was rewarded with a nice fat cobia/ling/lemonfish (whatever you call them locally).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It didn't come close to fitting in my ice chest so I put one trash bag on the head, another on the tail and buried it as best I could in the cooler and hurried back to put it on ice properly. The final measurement was 44 inches and weighed 28 pounds. That was the first one I've ever caught and I'll be targeting them more often after cooking a bit for lunch. Those are some good eating fish.

Drove out Saturday into steady winds and rough surf so the rest of the trip was more chillin' at the beach and getting baits as far out as I could sling them.

Turns out that broken surf rod makes a perfect flag pole.
    [​IMG]

9. OldCracker29

Looks like you had some fun. It sucks you broke a couple rods, but they say you have to pay to play. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbs:

10. Longshot270

Longshot270 I'm too COOL (lazy) to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Yeah, the rod was too soft anyway. Put 4 ounces of weight and a fish and it would cast like a pool noodle. Now i'm on the look out for an ocean kayak so I can run baits better.