1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the right direction. GMC Canyon AT4

Discussion in 'Suspension & Brakes' started by deimmortales, Oct 11, 2020.

1. deimmortales

deimmortales I'm NEW... What now?

So I'm in the market for a new truck. [haven't owned my own truck in 8 years now (Mothers hand me down s10, great first truck/car).]

[First new Vehicle ever] I put some money down on a Canyon AT4, that being said. I am fully aware the AT4 is not the ZR2 everyone was hoping for. Its basicly the same capabilities/ trim as a chevy colorado LTZ with Z71 (a suspension package). I am having the dealer put on the baby leveling kit offered through GMC accessories.

I am debating having the dealer install a complete lift kit, do I need it? No. Are there trails in my state to even go on? Not that I know of. Would I like it? Yes, yes I would.

My questions are basicly, what would be going too far reasonably for a midsize truck of this caliber? And who makes the most comprehensive kits of good quality, so I can make it easier to talk the dealership into warranting the work/ parts installed as if it was OEM in their eyes.
    And at what point does lifting a vehicle start to effect its road manners and impede everyday use? I still want it to do well around town and the highway, lumber runs, haul my tools, etc. I've never owned a jeep but I've heard deathwobble horror stories that I can neither confirm or deny to be true.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

2. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

:welcome: to :tmc:

If the dealer is leveling it out...raising the front. I wouldn't mess with a lift, but that's me. :dunno:

3. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Welcome to the site! >I< would suggest leveling up the front (so it's more even with the back) and leave it at that for a start. If you decide you really want/need a full lift, you can research that on your own time and buy (rather than finance) the lift and either install it or have it installed.

Congrats! Good luck! :cheers: