Just bought 6000K HID's and want to switch to 5000K..have a Q?

sand man

going to reach 130F..so i practically live there.
Reaction score
is this true?
I had the same questions you did because i did the same thing changing stock from 4300k to 6000k. I was concerned that the ballast wouldn't work with the new 6000k bulbs, but it did. so your ok with doing that . i also did the fogs at the same time. great look when you do both. the only thing with the fogs is that i had to cut the electrical plugs off the new new ballast and use the original plugs (which i had to cut off too) because the plugs on the new fog ballast was slightly larger and wouldn't plug in. its not a big deal and only took about 2 minutes to do that. BTW the low beam 6000k bulbs i bought were from ebay for $69.00 a set and they were made in china. People on here will tell you to stay away from overseas stuff, but i think thats a matter of opinion. the low beam kit i bought also came from china off ebay, works 100% without any problems. they are great. maybe people have had problems with china or different over seas bulbs and ballast, but im sure that the ones that are American made people have had problems as well. Yes its better to buy American but why when you can find it for a 3rd less elsewhere. If you buy the D1S bulbs from xenoneyes they are about $129 for one. if you get them from sharpHID they are $60 a bulb. kinda high when u can get both for around $60 off ebay.

drperry

Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you need is new bulbs.

If they say you need new ballasts they're lying, unless the plugs won't work... Which the AMP connectors are pretty much standard for aftermarket HID kits.

Kyles03

Fits gonna hit the shan
Reaction score
You just need bulbs to switch color temps.

If you want 55 watt bulbs, you need 55 watt ballasts.

fortplainman

Custom User Title
Reaction score
ddm has bulb replacements. if you were to change from 35watt to 55watt you would need new ballasts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67
Back