I've got a situation

gsta86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm do to move in about 6 months to Cali. Lots of good things about the move are in store for me, work wise, and even more exciting for the truck. Its no secret SOCAL is a hot spot for many different "scenes" unfortunately, also very hot on the scene for emissions! blah. The truck isn't going green, at all. I got some headers and a Y-pipe thats been sitting now for the last month, because of this. Do i go ahead and install, enjoy for 6 months, then swap them out when i get to CA? or just sell them off, wait until I've arrived and start building according to laws and restrictions?? anyone from the area that can provide some insight? thanks.

Bigredmariner

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough to say what I'd do, don't you have family in Arizona or somewhere close? May be register it with one of them to escape the Cali emissions rules.:dunno:

Nick The Great

The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just lazy, but I'd sell the parts. :dunno:

It's cheaper, easier, and you won't have the mental anguish of giving them up if you enjoy them! :lol:

gsta86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I got family in AZ, but even registering there, wouldn't I still have to do emissions somewhere? AZ has them, probably not as restrictive though. Mainly the problem is the y-pipe, missing cats. :) I would still like to put on the headers. There is a magnaflow y-pipe, oh yea! But doesn't comply with CA emissions. hmm, what to do what to do?!

66nova

Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around
Reaction score
Why not just put on the headers and leave the cats? You're not going to gain much or anything at all removing them.

gsta86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just put on the headers and leave the cats? You're not going to gain much or anything at all removing them.

the headers and y-pipe are 3". cats are factory small. did think about cutting out a section in the ypipe, and welding in the factory cats....??

66nova

Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around
Reaction score
Have you measured? I wouldn't be surprised if the factory cat was close to if not already 3 inches. It will be atleast 2 1/2 but I bet it's 2 5/8 to 3.

gsta86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've not measured. i can probably do that today though. so you thinking cut and weld into place? it wouldn't really create any problem going from 3" down to smaller cats then back to
3" huh? hmm, i could probably get one of the HTs onboard to do this for free! i like where this is going

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldWaifs
Back