1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install - Upgrading a new 2012 F-150 - JBL & Infinity

Discussion in 'Car Audio/ Video/ Navigation' started by KCAutosound, Jul 26, 2012.

1. KCAutosound

KCAutosound I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Well one of my dealers goofed. They drove somewhere far to go get a dealer trade vehicle and had previously told the customer that it was equipped with the Sony system. When they came back with it they discovered that it does not. They contacted me to come up with something that would sound like the Sony so I created five different system designs and sent them to the customer. His choices were systems by Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony and JBL. I originally was going to have everything by JBL but my distributor was out of stock on some pieces and after talking with the customer we decided on switching to Infinity for the speakers and keeping the JBL amp due to the size. The Infinity Reference 5-channel amp is a couple inches larger than the JBL and with placement behind the seat I wanted to keep as small as I could.

[​IMG]

The layout starts with the factory six disk radio with SYNC. It will go into the Cashe COE6 six channel line output convertor. This unit will allow us to drive the 5-channel JBL GTO-5EZ amp with the factory radio. It also is a live driver with a 9 volt output to really boost the signal to the amp. The amp will be driving a single Infinity Reference Series 1062W dual voice coil 10 inch sub. Up front it will be driving a set of the Infinity Reference Series 6030cs 6-1/2 components and a set of the 6832cf Reference Series 6x8 coaxials.

I'll try to post pictures along the way for you all. Hopefully some of my photos and tricks can help you do-it-yourselfers.

2. KCAutosound

Hmmm. Any guess to what I'll need these for? [​IMG]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Mixedbreed

Mixedbreed And that was the first time i got crabs...

Re: Install - Upgrading a new 2012 F150 - JBL & Infinity

the doors?

4. KCAutosound

Re: Install - Upgrading a new 2012 F150 - JBL & Infinity

Ding, Ding, Ding....Winner

I have to make adapters for the 6-1/2 to fit in the 6x8 and these work great. At only 2 bucks each they work great to cut with my Dremel while I hold onto them with the handle. Beats using wood or masonite like I used before.

5. ford4wd08

ford4wd08 Taking it one modd at a time....

Cool man. I still have stock speakers with a pioneer head unit. I had a sub, but it got stolen!

6. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

I really like that amp!

Hmmm...

7. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

That's a nice batch of goodies.

8. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

I approve. :cool:

9. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

I was looking for a new 5 channel amp. I like.

10. KCAutosound

I've been so busy with work and family stuff the past few days I haven't had any time to post anything so finally I got a break.

I started on the truck at about 10:30 am and got done with it at about 8:30pm. It was soooo hot and muggy in the middle of the dealership parking lot. The temperature topped out at 101. We had a rain the night before and then it kept lightly sprinkling on me for the first half of the day. When the sun come out the humidity shot through the roof. I drank almost three gallons of water due to sweating it all out.

First off the truck. 2012 F150 Super Crew
    [​IMG]

The system - I had to change the sub out for a Realm 12" shallow sub due to the box not being deep enough for the Infinity Sub.

[​IMG]

Factory door panel and A-pillar
    [​IMG]

Factory tweeter grille
    [​IMG]

New Infinity tweeter replacing the factory grille
    [​IMG]