1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new laptop! DUDE I got a Dell!

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by PenguinLTZ, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Funny this thread came back to life. I might be getting a laptop, just not sure on what I want.

2. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

Get a Sony!

I'm still rocking your old one. I replaced the battery and I lost a hard drive. I upgraded!

Here is my list of good machines.

Lenovo
    Toshiba
    Dell
    Sony

But I am sure you know!

3. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Okay, it is that time again. Time flies!

The wife's pink Gateway is looooong in the tooth, and I am going to give her my Dell. This thing is actually still a great machine, and I think in my case, this is the first machine that hasn't become slow and haggard after 3 years. It will work great for her. I am going to put the old drive back in it because Win 8 sucks donkey balls.

So, I am on the hunt for a new machine. Is the touch screen/Win 8 worth a damn??

4. mr_bots

mr_bots People in glass houses sink ships

I actually don't mind 8 :dunno:

Don't have a touch screen but I don't feel like I'm missing anything either.

5. PenguinLTZ

I have tried to like it. I just don't. The email interface sucks ass, won't pull up my email because its not hotmail or webmail, and I hate the photo app. Just the little things that are all app based, makes it a pain in the ass for me.

I just like Win 7, it is more old school, and I prefer it.

6. mr_bots

mr_bots People in glass houses sink ships

I prefer 7 too, but not enough to reformat again or have to have it on my next computer.

7. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

Win8 is absolutely horrid. I shitcanned mine after a month of objectively trying to like it... and went to win7 64 bit on everything. Hell I still have a laptop that runs XP...

8. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

8.1 is supposed to "fix" a lot of things from 8. But, I haven't tried the release preview. I "thought" about trying it until I heard I'd have to do a full reinstall of everything after the "final" 8.1 is ready. So, f' that! I'll just wait until they release the so-called "final" version. So far, I've heard they've released 3 sets of "updates" for the release preview. My gut says that's not a good sign. :lol:

I "like" 8. But, I spend 99% of my time on the desktop side and I avoid the full-screen app-crap as much as possible because I think full-screen apps on big monitors is stoopid! I like where I think they're going with 8. But, I think they're still at least another year or two away from people saying "this is what it should've been like when they first released it!" :lol:

9. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

10. PenguinLTZ

No CracBooks.

I think I will be a good hubby, and buy her a new machine. I found a pink Asus with a 3rd gen i5.

I really have no complaints with this thing, I just wanted a new one :lol: Once I go back to W7, life will be good