1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honk honk!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gsta86, Jul 4, 2009.

1. gsta86

gsta86 I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

that's what my damn horn does every time i turn the truck on. started doing it like 2 or 3 months ago. it burned through one battery after like a month, so i eventually just took out the fuse. no more problem, but now i also don't have a horn to blow at the worse drivers i've ever encountered in my 5 years of driving! oh, and my tailights keep burning out, anyone.....bueller, bueller?

2. Draenor

Draenor KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!

Does the horn just go off only at start up? Does it happen when you turn the wheel?

Is it the running lights or the brake lights? Do they blow out as soon as they are applied?
    You are wiping the bulbs clean after you install them. The oils on your hands can contanimate the bulb, shortening its life.

3. gsta86

the horn would honk only when i turned the key on. it was kind of a quick double honk or a stuttered honk.

good question bout the lights. you say running you mean....the on all the time red light vice, the brake light that only comes on when brakes are applied? i'll have to take a look again. during the day it's the whole thing, but i'm not sure what it looks at like night. i've just been riding dirty with it out.

4. Draenor

Draenor KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!

The Passlock security system is probably causing the horn issue. It may need to be re-flashed.

Running, yes the light that come on when you run them at night. Sure you're putting in the correct bulbs?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  5. gsta86

passlock security reflash......? explain if you could, something i have to take to the dealer? yes i'm pretty sure i've got the correct bulbs, don't have the manual or bulb in front of me to say what type it is, but i'm pretty sure. i want to replace the tail lights with some of the RECON LEDs...like "all jacked up" has on his truck, but i don't want this to continue to be a problem either.

6. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

I think I's solve the problem before I went with the LEDs. I have to agree that the horn sounds like something to do with the security system. Dealer might be able to reflash it and get rid of whatever is causing it to freak. I;d bet the lights are a different issue altogether. Do you have any added on trailer wiring? Lots of times that can cause issues.

7. gsta86

well i don't have an alarm, just the remote lock system, press it twice and the horn would honk. looks like another issue to get fixed, i mean i really like honking the horn....especially at drivers who suck at life. it has the trailer connections and all that but i have never towed a trailer on it. or used it at all

8. Alljackedup408

Alljackedup408 Shut Up Stupid

HAHAHAH ... thats why ive got actual train horns :naughty:

9. gsta86

yes getting an air horn on the truck i think would be pretty cool, but right now i'm more concerned with the bigger things that need to get done. i'll just crash into the next person that pulls out in front of me, and then get me a new truck!!

10. Bigredmariner

Bigredmariner I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Josh did the truck start doing this after you got to Pearl? Did you have it shipped from CONUS? If so, i'd crawl under the thing and see if they pinched some wires somewhere when they lashed it down for shipping. Outside of that, I got no other ideas from what's been said already.