HID kit + glare = find a solution

mblouir

I need a hobby.
Reaction score
I miss my HIDs, but I refuse to run them without some sort of modification. I'm tired of blinding people. In our Ford housings we are extremely unlucky and the glare happens to be terrible. You have to aim the lights almost all the way down in order to prevent blinding other drivers and potentially causing an accident. Even then, there is still glare flaring out in all directions.

There are two options: retrofitting projectors ($$$$$$) or fit a custom "glare shield". Since I don't have the money for retrofits at the moment, I will be attempting to make a custom shield to cut out the glare. I will be posting as I go along and will continuously update with pictures.

First thing on the list: buy a new set of HIDs for experimenting with. My old HIDs started having issues (bad brain box), and needless to say I wanted to take it apart. :D

Here's an idea of what I'm going to be attempting:

DSC00060-1.jpg

DSC00057-1.jpg

Before glare shield:

DSC00252.jpg

After glare shield (that cutoff is beautiful for such a simple/cheap solution):

DSC00032-1.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

700 sportsman

"That motor runs gooder than hell !"
Reaction score
What are you making them out of, and how are you attaching them to the bulb base, or are you opening the lenses and attaching them to the housing?

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a valid idea. The only possible downside I see is it may shorten the life of the bulb if it reflects too much heat.

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Reaction score
Man I have no clue there.

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Reaction score
Might just work fine if that's the case! :thumbs:

Members online

Forum statistics