HELP!!

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
2007 dodge ram.. trying to hook up the new pioneer unit. I have Scosche connector CR02B. I wired it with the pioneer harness.. went to plug into my factory harness in the truck.. and at least the red power wire and amp lead are on the wrong side of the factory harness. What gives/??!?!?

aggrivated.. I have everything apart.

Here is what Im working with....

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7376.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

Last edited:

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
I read on another forum.. that the red wire is commonly connected to the cigarette lighter.. but that doesnt help for the dimmer!!

mr7confused

vv I remember my first beer
Reaction score
so your truck pigtail, and the part you bought to connect your new unit to that stock plug, dont match up correctly?

do all the other colors match up? you should take a picture of the plug so we can see what we're getting into here.

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
so your truck pigtail, and the part you bought to connect your new unit to that stock plug, dont match up correctly?

do all the other colors match up? you should take a picture of the plug so we can see what we're getting into here.

pics are above. the plug fits.. but the red trigger wire does not line up as well as the dimmer... that I have noticed so far. and there is another plug that went into the factory radio.. and I have no idea what that one serves as!

mr7confused

Reaction score
Do you have just a basic stereo? or does it have hands free or anything like that?
by the way, here is a great reference place i've found in my searches. im still searching though
http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2007/intro.pdf

The second plug, with all the greens, is for a satellite reciever

Last edited:

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
Do you have just a basic stereo? or does it have hands free or anything like that?
by the way, here is a great reference place i've found in my searches. im still searching though
http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2007/intro.pdf

The second plug, with all the greens, is for a satellite reciever

Basic! I read the little plug was that.. and another place said it was other power and dimmer!! Thank you for the effort on trying to help me!! Im gonna rest on this and hit it hard in the morning...

If you come across anything please let me know! :cheers:

mr7confused

Reaction score
i guess it can be either, depending on your audio package. For sure man, this is a weird one. Why i always love to refer to these conundrums as "The Dodge Challenge!" (Always come across a Dodge Challenge on my buddy's Dakota) hahaha Good luck. Ill keep trying too

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
Man, Ive searched everywhere and I cant seem to find someone with the same issue on here.. makes me feel stupid like im missing something...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rescue Rover
Back