1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food for thought

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Black02Silverado, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Just thought I would post this in case anyone is interested in a plant based diet. :)

We went "plant based" 5 years ago. We are not 100%, we get a pizza now and then. We did it because we wanted to loose weight. Not to mention we felt sluggish. Since the change we lost weight, feel great, no more afternoon crash. Our sleep has improved as well as general all round feeling better. Allergies are not an issue like they use to be.

What got us started was reading Engine 2 Diet . We tried the 28 day challenge and couldn't get over the difference on how we felt. Even our special needs daughter lost weight, which was a good thing and her doctor was super pleased.

The documentary Forks over Knives was very interesting. There have been several documentaries that have come out since then and if you have Netflix you can see pretty much all of them.

A new documentary just came out, What the Health we have not had time to watch it but have heard some about it and it sounds interesting. Mainly how $$$$ and big corporations just don't care about us, they just want the money.

I also listen to a few Podcasts, Rich Roll No Meat Athlete

Then there are the Vegan athletes, Brenden Brazier David Carter and Griff Whalen John Salley

There is Scott Jurek who just did the Appalachian Trail in record time.

Also James Lawrence who did 50 Iron distance triathlons in 50 states in 50 days. James Lawrence

I can go on and on. But as you can see being vegan or as I like to call it plant based is no longer a bad thing. To much out there in the way of good whole food that one can enjoy and thrive on.

We also subscribed to the Happy Herbivore meal plans. Got 365 meals and not one was a repeat. A few were not that great but most of them were really good and easy to make. Happy Herbivore

Again, for us it just works and it doesn't hurt that my wife loves to cook and make all the meals. I got the easy part. I just eat and do the clean up. Oh which is another thing. Clean up is super easy now that you don't have all that nasty grease to deal with.

2. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 There's a world going on outside the world that I'

I don't think I could become a herbivore, so I'll stick to being a carnivore. :D

3. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Yeah, I get most of my veggies by way of things that eat veggies. :D2

4. Dartboy

Dartboy I actually AM too lazy to Choose a Custom Title

I like to say I'm an "indirect vegetarian" the animals I eat are strict vegetarians :D

Sounds like it's working out well for you. Congrats :cheers:

5. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vegan/vegetarian dishes make great sides... Unfortunately, as they're much too healthy, they make me sick and my body can't process them, lol

6. cRiPpLe_rOoStEr

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr We don't ride to provide a good story for the rice

:withstupid:
    It doesn't even look like a real meal without a steak. Anyway, I could replace beef and chicken for fish, but veganism is out of question for me.

7. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

I have given up beef for the most part. I occasionally have a burger or steak, but VERY rarely. But I still eat pork, especially bacon. :D

8. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

[​IMG]

9. Lady Dominatrux

Lady Dominatrux Dominatrix of Baseball

Dammint! Now I am craving bacon.

10. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

You still doing this, Nick?

We went Keto, just ditched all the sugar and carbs. Mmmmm, Bacon...