1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FASS Titanium 95 install

Discussion in 'Diesel Trucks!' started by geektoad, Jul 3, 2018.

1. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

....is going no where.

plastic shield is off.
    jack under it holding it
    straps are off

I can't reach or see anything on the back side of the tank where i'm supposed to disconnect the filler tube, return line and the wires.

I assumed I could drop it down on the jack a little to get access and see wha the hell is going on, but when I lower it, the front end drops but the rear doesn't budge. I don't want to drop it very far cause I don't want to break anything. There's probably 6-7 gallons in the tank, so not a lot of weight, but enough to bend something I can't see.

The install instructions from FASS are a fucking joke. No detail about anything and some stuff is just flat wrong (which fuse to put the add-a-fuse into).

The problem I'm having is this install (2015-2016) is different than the previous LML install, so there's not much info out there from anyone other than FASS's instructions.

one other thing i'm starting to worry about is whether the gooseneck hitch has something back there pinned, though it all looked clear when I was installing it.

I assumed this was going to be a simple install, and I really wanted this installed to pull the new camper, but at this point I might button everything back up in the morning and go after this when we get home from our trip.

grrrr.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  2. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 There's a world going on outside the world that I'

:frustration: I don't have a clue, but I'll give the thread a bump. :dunno:

3. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

Just pull the fill hose pocket at the door and drop that all with the tank

4. PenguinLTZ

Your instructions are from a prior model? I got a color printout from Thorobred with mine, for my truck. Didn’t you get your stuff from them? They are super helpful

5. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

no the instructions i got are from my model but it seems like they're glossing over some shit. don't know if i'm missing a page or something, but the newest instructions on FASS's site are the 11-14 ones. I picked a bad day to try and start this, and I don't have much time before we pick up the camper and go, so i'm going to put this off til after this trip. I have enough other things to worry about trying to prep for a trip in a fifth wheel for the first time less than 24 hours after we pick it up! :)

6. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

:lame: Where's your sense of adventure!?! :jester: :lol:

7. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

taking a brand new 5er on a 4500 mile trip less that 24 hours after delivery is pretty damn adventurous. I think the penguin will back me up on that one :)

8. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

The 11 - 14s don't drop the tank to install...

Once you get the right instructions, it'll go quick

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9. PenguinLTZ

Meh, no problem

:jester:

Did you get it figured out? Like I was saying, I just dropped the fill hose, door pocket and all together.

10. geektoad

geektoad redneck geek

I put it back together out of an abundance of caution. If anything had gone wrong and broke, I didn't have time to get parts and fix properly. I'll do the install when I get back, so I'm not rushed/stressed about it.