1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drones

Discussion in 'Cameras & Photography' started by 66nova, Oct 18, 2018.

1. 66nova

66nova Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

I recently got a new drone. Does anyone here play with one?

Micheal I could see you loving one on your photography trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

I have a couple el cheapo ones... Kinda fun to play with. I want to start looking at the auto follow ones with the Go-Pro style cameras, lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

66nova likes this.
  3. 66nova

I have a cheaper one and I just got a DJI Mavic Air about 3 weeks ago. This thing is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drperry likes this.
  4. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

I started with dirt cheap Best Buy cameras to see if I like flying 'em.... The expensive one came with such a crappy camera, I took it off, lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

66nova likes this.
  5. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

I bought a small CHEAP one a couple of years ago, so I could try to figure out how to fly one. I bugged Anna with it some. But, the controls were so touchy, it crashed a lot.

It was probably only 4" square, so its size may hav also contributed to its "touchyness." After breaking some of the original blades AND some extras I bought (the blade shield thing I bought didn't seem to do much good), I gave up on it...

I've seen some cool perspective shots from drones. I've even seen some off-roading people use them to figure out where they are and how to get to the next trail, which seems useful. "Oh, that unmarked cutoff is where we were supposed to turn. Back-track!"

I just bought another DSLR. Between that and a lens I bought earlier this year, any sort of camera-ish type budget is blown for a while.

66nova likes this.
  6. 66nova

Yeah, a lot of them have not had great cameras until you went really high end.

7. 66nova

Definitely, understand that. I really didn't have any interest in them until I bought my first one because of an amazon flash deal. Started flying it and started taking shots of the construction on the clinic (that the rain has put a 2 month stop to). Then the more I started researching and looking at photos/videos I wanted a better one.

The Mavic Air is awesome. It folds down to easily fit into a backpack. Extremely easy to fly (unless you put it in sport mode) and takes really good 4K videos and the camera is almost as adjustable as a DSLR. A lot of the function the really high end models have. Sport mode removes the "nannies" so to speak. Turns off obstacle avoidance and will go 45+mph. I haven't turned it on to sport mode yet. lol

Anyway, when I started watching videos and looking at photos on the Mavic facebook pages and YouTube, I thought of you and the cool locations you travel. Could really give a new perspective on some photos.

Darkanion likes this.
  8. 66nova

[​IMG][​IMG]

Lady Dominatrux likes this.
  9. Carneyman

Carneyman TMC Dog Watcher

I've got the DJI Mavic Pro. I love that thing. Like you said easy to fly, but you gotta try sport mode and airplane mode.

I took mine to a mountain top lake and flew it around there. Stunning video.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

I shoot them down.